Clint Gutherson , Fullback or 5/8 in 2017?

Clint Gutherson was great yesterday in that 5/8 role, but he is also a good fullback, if Hayne isnt to return himself or French could take that fullback spot, what i personally think is we cant put him back on the wing, he has too much potential at 5/8, maybe himself and Norman could be a good halves combination?

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Just piss of Norman Save about 500k Play Gutho at 5/8 and I dunno Buy his good mate back from Manly to play half..

• Centre
    • Majority of the year he played on the wing.We will have Brad Takairangi back soon and Gurtho will go back to right wing replacing Bevan French

• I'd resign Corey and play Hayne in 5/8. Use Guth at fullback and put Bev on the wing.
    • That could work, i didnt even think about that

• He had a great game yesterday and has been improving in every game.... but its only one game played at 5/8 so far.

Lets wait to see how the next month or so unfolds before we start handing out 2017 jerseys.

• yeah

• One good game at 5/8 but a ton of potential. I think if we lose another game and our finals dream is finally gone, I would like to see BA experiment a bit with the likes of Gutherson, French, Nelson at Hooker maybe coming off the bench and even give Twal a couple of runs, it will help sort out a few positions for next year. I think Alvaro has improved out of sight this season after being given a taste of FG last year, French and Gutherson will improve immensely in 2017.
  • really want to see what bevan can do at FB

• 1 Hayne
    2 Semi
    3 Guth
    4 Jenk
    5 Frenchi
    6.Norm
    7 ?? Conish

14 Taco
This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Nitram replied to Fiddy's discussion Raiders no halfback getting pumped
"I think the player the panthers would instantly struggle without is actually Edwards not Cleary. This would be exactly why Cleary Snr went and got Daine Laurie. Good coaches have the foresight. It's probably also why he picks him on the bench. This…"
2 minutes ago
Hell On Eels replied to Poppa's discussion Where to Now, Time to stop looking in the revision mirror and head forward.
"Poppa, the only thing with Cameron is he's CEO of the Panthers, promoted from GM. So, coming back to the Eels as HOF would probably be a step down, especially considering he used to be an assistant with us in between other things for 15 years or…"
11 minutes ago
BringBackSemi replied to EA's discussion Lomax Clause
""If the club says, we can't guarantee BA, but don't worry we have Nathan Cayless ready to go, id want a clause to get the hell out also."
Thats GOLD."
12 minutes ago
Nightmare Off-Season replied to Hell On Eels's discussion The Bennett Hypothetical: Sliding Doors
"Hoe, great stuff, definitely very fair concerns, and as you know im all in on Jauncy & Bennett also.
Outside of that, and it may be naive, im just not as concerned about the wholesale changes… yet.

They're likely needed & likely inevitable, but to…"
13 minutes ago
More…