Clint Gutherson , Fullback or 5/8 in 2017?

Clint Gutherson was great yesterday in that 5/8 role, but he is also a good fullback, if Hayne isnt to return himself or French could take that fullback spot, what i personally think is we cant put him back on the wing, he has too much potential at 5/8, maybe himself and Norman could be a good halves combination?

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Just piss of Norman Save about 500k Play Gutho at 5/8 and I dunno Buy his good mate back from Manly to play half..

• Centre
    • Majority of the year he played on the wing.We will have Brad Takairangi back soon and Gurtho will go back to right wing replacing Bevan French

• I'd resign Corey and play Hayne in 5/8. Use Guth at fullback and put Bev on the wing.
    • That could work, i didnt even think about that

• He had a great game yesterday and has been improving in every game.... but its only one game played at 5/8 so far.

Lets wait to see how the next month or so unfolds before we start handing out 2017 jerseys.

• yeah

• One good game at 5/8 but a ton of potential. I think if we lose another game and our finals dream is finally gone, I would like to see BA experiment a bit with the likes of Gutherson, French, Nelson at Hooker maybe coming off the bench and even give Twal a couple of runs, it will help sort out a few positions for next year. I think Alvaro has improved out of sight this season after being given a taste of FG last year, French and Gutherson will improve immensely in 2017.
  • really want to see what bevan can do at FB

• 1 Hayne
    2 Semi
    3 Guth
    4 Jenk
    5 Frenchi
    6.Norm
    7 ?? Conish

14 Taco
This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Blue Eel replied to Blue Eel's discussion Saying It for Years. How will we ever really compete?
"Its being reported as:
1. Registered Third Party Deal from 2022-23-24 hasnt been paid to Ponga.
2. The deal has been registered and approved by the NRL in 2022
3. Payments totalling in the 100's of thousands havnt been paid by the third party.
4.…"
1 minute ago
HKF replied to big 2nd rower's discussion Ponga and Adam Doueihi
"No to pongs, too expensive. 
Doueihi would be a very handy pick up if you could get him at what should be a good price considering his injury history,  can play anywhere in the backline probably even lock."
13 minutes ago
big 2nd rower posted a discussion
There have been recent articles with some contract dramas for these two players... fox reports that Ponga has not been paid one of his TPA's and is exploring options. Tigers have only given Adam Doueihi a lowball offer of 150k for next year - he can…
18 minutes ago
Michael Ericson replied to Cʜɪᴇғ - 😘's discussion Mitchell Moses cops NSW selection blow as Eels comeback for Magic Round put on ice
"I have a feeling we are going to win this week.
The shit thing about the predicament we find ourselves in is that no team has really blown me away with how good they are this year. I thought after the first couple of rounds the warriors and cowboys…"
19 minutes ago
More…