BA extended to 2024

Says it all. God help us.

Official club announcement:

The Parramatta Eels are pleased to announce the extension of the contract of Head Coach, Brad Arthur through to the end of the 2024 NRL Telstra Premiership season.

Parramatta Eels CEO, Jim Sarantinos, said the Club has been in discussions with Brad and his manager over recent weeks and that the extension of Brad’s contract was important for the Club’s football program moving forward.

“We have come a long way as a Club both on and off the field in recent years and Brad has played a major part in that. We have assembled a strong roster, developed a number of players to representative quality, and brought a series of Parramatta juniors through to NRL level during that time.”  

“We have consistently played finals football over the last few years and we have a strongly connected group of players who will continue to grow and develop together over the coming seasons. We believe that Brad is the best person to lead our Club towards challenging for a premiership.”

Brad Arthur said he was very happy to have the support and confidence of the Club: “I am really pleased to extend my time as Head Coach and continue to build on the progress we have made in recent seasons. As a Club we are all in this together, we share the same drive to constantly improve and set the standards that will deliver the results that our loyal members, fans and sponsors are looking for.”

“I love being at this Club and I think we are creating a great environment to be a part of. I value the relationship I have with our staff and our playing group, they challenge me every day and it’s been exciting to see the positive impact that our younger players have had on our squad. The best is yet to come from this team, so I'm excited to confirm my future at the Club.”

Chris Orr from Pacific Sports Management added: “I would like to thank the Club, and especially Jim and Sean, for their efforts over the past few weeks; the process has been handled professionally and I am extremely pleased both parties came to an agreement that will see Brad continue as Head Coach of the Parramatta Eels”.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I admit to being somewhat surprised, but I think the reason is also tied with the player roster, and who will have contract extensions.

At the end of 2023 there are only 10 players that have contracts beyond then & some are options.  I also think that some of those of those who are contracted may well be shown the door in order to keep players with more abilities & skills.

• Accountability is so lacking at this club 

• Yeah, 'cause we need more accountants

• How so carlo

• And you can't see the problem with that?

• Brad and gutho to become the new Wayne and Darius but without the premiership 

• Oh Fark sooo true 

bejesus and I like spaniel 🤨🙄

• Would love to see gutho under another coach, who knows what could be there untapped 

• Agree 

• My prediction woyld be ,  about 3 or 4 stupid errors per game  but just under another coach. 

let's not forget he wasn't wanted by Manly and got a chance at Origin under another coach and was told thanks but no thanks the following year. 

plenty of players have played better footy under BA than they have under other coaches. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

CarloEEL2 replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 8 Team List v Manly Warringah Sea Eagles (ANZAC Round)
"Rip off the Band-Aid !!!!!"
18 seconds ago
Hugo replied to Johnny Suede's discussion Ethan Sanders inks three-year deal with Raiders
"His reps probably asked the club who was going to be the coach moving forward and couldn't get out of there fast enough. 
He will be stuck behind both Fogarty and Strange at the Raiders but still felt that he will be better off uprooting his whole…"
1 minute ago
LB replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 8 Team List v Manly Warringah Sea Eagles (ANZAC Round)
"Brown was 7 against Wests and Canberra and played left too. But yeah it is just a thing, Sanders will definately be Halfback that is for sure. He has been playing on the left all year in Cup."
1 minute ago
Blue Eel replied to Blue Eel's discussion The Truth Hurts: Article
"yep. Same same for 10 odd years. Just try every bloody game you pretenders. One game does not make a footy player, it has to be consistent, and they are not. As BA said "they are part time footballers" can I add " And full time pretenders for most…"
2 minutes ago
More…