So ive been thinking about all the obvious issues Parra has in their current roster and considering what changes could be made in order to improve these issues for 2019

The biggest issues the team has in my opinion are

● Attitude, Effort and Consistancy

● Cultural inbalances

● Lack of Size and creativity in the forwards

In order to try to improve these issues in our roster i looked at who is available for purchase at the end of this season and unfortunately there is not much out there worth buying, but i decided to build a hypothetical team anyway with players that are available and who may realistically consider signing with Parra

Here is my hypothetical roster for 2019 that i think would help improve some of the issues we are having. Not solve the problems entirely but possibly might improve the situation

1. Clint Gutherson
2. Bevan French
3. Michael Jennings
4. Jarryd Hayne
5. Josh Mansour
6. Blake Austin
7. Mitch Moses
8. Junior Paulo
9. Will Smith
10. Tim Mannah
11. Ken Edwards
12. Brad Takarangi
13. Nathan Brown

14. Tepai Moeroa
15. Manu Mau
16. Shannon Boyd
17. Daniel Alvaro

Issue #1
Attitude and Effort Upgrades:
● Gutherson back in leading by example
● Blake Austin In Norman Out
Austins got some talent but the main thing i like is hes always having a solid go. Cant knock his effort and will to win. Cant say the same for Norman. I also think Austins play style fits Moses's more than Normans does. Moses is energetic, so is Austin, Normans is lazy sometimes hes play style is too bi polar for me.
● Josh Mansours efforts are always strong and is an upgrade in tallent too over Hoffman

Issue #2
Culture rebalancing:
● Gutherson back in the side
● Blake Austin in Norman out
● Shannon Boyd - Tall + 122kg in Matagi Out

Issue #3
A bigger stronger and more creative forward pack:

PROPS:
● Junior Paulo In Matagi Out
● Shannon Boyd In Gangli Dangli Evans Out

- Power Upgraded
- Talent Upgraded

- Size & Height Upgraded

Junior Paulo has the size, power, and ball playing ability and offload to cause massive problems for oppositions 

Shannon Boyd has the Size, height, and power 

Both props draw 3 or 4 defenders every single tackle and wear out opposition defenders due to how heavy and hard they are to tackle

BACK ROW:

Takarangi & Ken Edwards to start the game to get our attacking creativity going and help get us on the front foot and lead on the score board. They would provide that creativity assistance when in attacking range and they also offer some strong go forward and ball carries

Manu and Tepai off the bench used as impact forwards will be able to exert an extremely high amount of energy in their carries while charging at the line since they dont have to play as many minutes as in the past as they will be be switching with Edwards and Takarangi (The creative forwards)

This concoction of back row forwards would create a sort of 3Dimensional multi pronged attacking back row

Creativity Instinct and Aggresion to start the game with Edwards & Taka before switching to EXTREME Aggression and structured footy with safer ball carriers in Manu & Tepai whos mission is to simply bring high energy impact off the bench and target tired lazy halves when charging at the line and not have to worry about conserving energy due to playing less minutes. This would mean they could just go 100% Aggressive. This would also be a big help to Mannah and Alvaro too when Mau and Tepai come on for a short powerful burst because lets face it, Mannah and Alvaro dont exactly bend the line back much

This would completely throw opposition defences off balance in my opinion and it would be a nightmare of a forward pack to defend against as the dynamic would keep shifting

What changes would YOU make to my 17 man side and why? 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I Like that side but we will never get it. I hate to say this but Norman isn't going to live up to the hype. He only plays good evey now and then and when we are winning, when we are struggling he is nowhere to be seen. Jaryd needs to do something special if he wants to stay, his defence isn't great. Mannah needs to retire.
  • I'd get rid of Moses as well. He is a show pony with no brains, just like the pass over the side line and all his side ways running and his stupid remarks to the reffs.

• Moses is a sook but a talented one. His proved that to be true during his departure from tigers and his playing  with us. I didn’t see exactly what he did to be sent off but two weeks in a row is frckn disgusting. Everyone here bagged the shit out of sandow for shot like that...Corey no better. But where is our packs  mentality?

• Moses was the closest thing to us getting a try yesterday. 

Piss Norman off.

• I reckon we should sign the bloke who wants to play women's AFL. He/She is built like a brick outhouse
    • Moses and Smith r the only real creative players we have. At least they were having a go. Ole Dozy just downed tools & clocked off.

• I like that side I really do. I have always liked Austin as a player.
  • And being dumbarse enough to get sent off again made sure we had no chance! 

• There was no chance of coming back at that stage. 

Clearly frustration got the better of him. Yes he needs to be smarter than that. 

But he is the only creative player we have. 

• Team should look like this
    Hayne
    French
    Jennings
    Taka
    Hoffman
    Norman
    Moses
    Brown
    Marora
    Edwards
    Mannah
    Pritchard
    Vave
    Bench
    Smith
    Torepo
    alvaro
    Scott Gower Evans mau
This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to LB's discussion Will Manly be smarting next week?
"So that says we have a coach that can beat Penrith . The fact we lost to the tigers says we have a poor attitude . And we have for decades. On and off feild leadership is as big a problem as coaching. And that may not necessarily only apply to the…"
1 hour ago
Poupou Escobar replied to LB's discussion Will Manly be smarting next week?
""Friday nights game should have been nearly closed out in the first 25 minutes. We had enough ball and field position to take the wind out of the Phins."
You really think so? At halftime we had 50% possession: iStats/NRL (championdata.com)
If we had…"
1 hour ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 8 Team List v Manly Warringah Sea Eagles (ANZAC Round)
"You know that 40/20 is not a persons real name , nor does it divulge who said person is off screen , ya Wally. Could you try any harder to find an excuse to be outraged ?   What the difference between mentioning a podcasters alias and talking about…"
2 hours ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to LB's discussion BA's Round 8 presser
"Mattersons a Christian sect member, pretty sure he's a convert from Catholic. Confusing I know , considering he acts Jewish. "
3 hours ago
More…