2018 Backline

First time poster here.

I'm wondering what everybody thinks about our backline in 2018. Its finally taken a shape that I can see standing as first choice for the rest of the season barring any more injuries. However next year we will obviously be without semi for at least a year, and maybe for ever. Will hoffman join the starting lineup or are we in the market for a winger over summer? To continue this discussion, do you think Semi will return like the media has touted him to? 

I know we still have this season to think about but I thought it would be an interesting discussion to have during the bye round.

Cheers and go eels!

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Semi will be at the broncos...hope I'm wrong!!!
    • ReallyRay..? First hand
    • The days of broncos rorting the cap are over wat h them unload players before next year with the police investigating all clubs
  • We still have Hoffman and Auva'a. Either of them could fill Semi's place. They were both playing pretty well before they got injured.
  • Hello welcome.

I think Semi will only return if he has success this year, like making a Grand Final or similar. If he does not see us on an upward trajectory and believes he can win a premiership elsewhere, I would not blame him for ending up somewhere else. Ultimately, he will return if it is in his best interests. He may want a change after that scandal that he had no fault in. I also don't think the Eels can bank on him returning, the team needs to go ahead as if he were not returning unless something is already organised. 

• If semi comes back he will not come back to Parramatta  he will go where the money is so he go to the Broncos Roosters or Storm Bulldogs he will not come back to us  he said he will but so did Benjie Mashell to the tigers

• Yes, the days of the Nathan Hindmarsh and Luke Burt is over for most people. Honorable players are rare. Personally it is understandable, you do what you have to for your career. 

• Yes honorable players are rarer than in the past, but who could begrudge any player to earn more and not be honorable to his club, as to not sacrifice his children's future ?
  • And so did Jarryd Hayne and look where he went. Not back to Parra as he said he would.
    • As much as I wanted him back at Parra I am glad he is gone, the team looks well balanced with no egos getting in the way, we are building nicely.
This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Tad replied to Hell On Eels's discussion Magic Round 11 v Melbourne: In the Eye of the Storm
"How to become so strong that you won't get injured. Maintain extreme endurance and will master pain. Totally focused, mentally very strong
https://youtube.com/shorts/PhNbjmRMhSw?si=dQCi8l0MPzpBRUXM"
46 seconds ago
Coryn Hughes replied to Hell On Eels's discussion Magic Round 11 v Melbourne: In the Eye of the Storm
"Aren't we still left with the same issues coach regardless though that's where I'm at.It will matter not who replaces BA if you've got the higher pay grades still holding the same process.Gould mentioned it a couple of weeks back Parra aren't setup…"
2 minutes ago
LB replied to Hell On Eels's discussion Magic Round 11 v Melbourne: In the Eye of the Storm
"If anything the GF sort of masked the real issues the club had for years. I have mentioned and stand by the fact that i believe the GF run was mainly the players doing it for one another as extra motivation. BA did his job too, but the boys being…"
8 minutes ago
BEM replied to Hell On Eels's discussion Magic Round 11 v Melbourne: In the Eye of the Storm
"Pretty sure they would happily devour Bushies meat and two veg."
10 minutes ago
More…