1eyed eel moderation

This isn't a suck up or brown nosing blog - criticism when and where it's due.....

I just wanted to give shout out to Super and congratulate him on this site's moderation of late.

Mate, you've proved me wrong. The moderation on this site has improved out of sight since you've taken over. Phil would be proud.

Just wanted to thank you for allowing the current discourse and debates to continue. The place is regaining its mojo and fast becoming the site we all previously loved. I haven't had a suspension since early last year so youve lighten the grip.

Well done Super, keep it up mate.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Votes: 0

Replies

• Perhaps you should look at the participation in social blogs  v footy blogs? Social blogs have always been the most popular and the most participated in  blogs. 

• At one stage for about 16 months the site only had  one mod in Patsy and it was best the site was, what ever issues members has they sorted it out themselves, then Super returned and the place went down hill with all the bullshit he forced on the site. The site is  not even close to what it once was. 

• Fong, the obvious rebuke to to say there is a Roosters forum if you're desperate for company or just don't like it here. 

Another reply is more of an appeal. All of us have our preferences and all of us deal with situations where things are not perfectly as we would like. Most of us accommodate and move on. The simple fact is that the bulk of your contribution to the site consists of insulting people. Honestly, that's what I see. And I'm not alone. That schtick can only go so far. As for political stuff, good for you for being on the political right. But stuff that is so partisan that the opponent has to be a devil is just naturally so divisive as to be war not chat. You may have some golden era of the site in mind where all was roses, but many experience what you're pining for as a clique of malcontents just being nasty. I'm not sure you've stepped outside your own zone to reflect on the general experience. 

Of course I am one on here who returns fire, but I will say this: I lost confidence a while back that you had any reasonableness in you. It's no coincidence that while Snake and I trade barbs, many in fact, there are also times where we agree or just simply realize it's all jokes in the end. You're not in that category. I don't think the site as you want it is a good place and maybe think of others a little?

• Well that hit the mark Daz

• Archie, how did you manage to revive this blog? I see it's from July 2020. It's interesting to see particular individuals who lately cry foul about moderation were big supporters of that same moderation a year ago

• Go and dob to Super. 

• Wow, a name change. Most people have better things to do? I hear that bigots and bullies lose their shorts when they are confronted and start whining about persecution. Have you heard that too?

• I've heard that blokes whos Mrs's sleep with other men have insecure small mans syndrome problems , have you heard that too? 

• No, I haven't, but the expert is surely your wife?

PS: try not to let your emotions lead you into obvious losing games. 

• Yeah mate , unfortunately us long timers remember who's wife has a boyfriend.  Nice attempt at Strawman though .... 

are things ok between you and Super after hanging him out to dry ? 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Johnny Suede replied to BEM's discussion RIP TERRY HILL
"Because high standard people spend their entire lives on football fan websites picking fights, hating everything and slinging pathetic, juvenile slurs. "
6 minutes ago
parra supporter replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion Ethan Sanders / BA
"His an 18 year old behind 2 players who at there best are top 3 in there respective positions and are both signed up long term. I'd rather my chances getting a regular first grade crack with an aging forgarty "
1 hour ago
iamnot replied to BEM's discussion RIP TERRY HILL
"You don't know the first thing about me Fong, so I don't really give a shit what your opinion is. I'm entitled to my opinion so deal with it. "
1 hour ago
LB replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion Ethan Sanders / BA
"Yeah i agree, Sanders might be in reserves at Canberra but the path to FG is a lot more clearer. Moses and Brown both signed til 2027. Brown could decline the option but Sanders is not wasting a year to see if that happens."
1 hour ago
More…