Parramatta Stadium Master Plan

http://www.parramattastadium.com.au/venue/southern-grandstand-project

Parramatta Stadium Master Plan

In 2010 the Board of Trustees commissioned a review of the existing Master Plan and planned development of the stadium.

Hassell architects undertook the work and provided a comprehensive concept master plan that takes into account the landscape of the precinct and the park setting, for a ‘boutique stadium in the park’. 

The Board has approved the plan and has proceeded with engaging stakeholders in the process to formalising a business case for the development.

The essence of the development will provide the following:\

• Utilisation of the existing grandstand structures
  • Installation of a 500 seat function event space
  • Completion of corporate suites in the Eastern Grandstand – 1,100 extra corporate seating including 500 seat function room.
  • Expansion of players facilities – 2 x gymnasiums and 4 x change rooms
  • Public capacity increased to 31,300 seats
  • Landscape of the precinct, defined entrances at North East and South East corners and vastly improved pedestrian access from the Parramatta CBD

The Master Plan can be staged, and an estimated cost of the completion of the plan is $98 Million, with the first stage of developing the East and West Grandstands having an estimated cost of approximately $34 Million.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• For the best part of $100 Mill - it should be in the TRASH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think I will go and re apply for my BSA Construction ;icense.

Reckon I could do all that for about  $2 to 4 Mill and retire to Majorca.

slip - you usually don't post rubbish so I am taking it you are being fair dinkum with this.

Who is running the job - Ms. K Kennealy?

• capacity increased to 31,300 seats sounds good be great having that much eels fans there
  • that looks good
  • I got this info from the Parramatta stadium website. All legit unless it's a bogus site.
  • Its  funny how people always complain about Parra stadium being to small but we rarely fill it as it is now. Won't be capacity crowd this year the way they are playing.
  • if we keep playing like yesterday it will be a $98mil empty stadium, bit like the Storms new home. Half empty with a team od super stars. Why is there a team in melbourne again?>???
  • For 98 mill i will add in some plants and concrete.
  • A retractable roof to keep rain out, an extension to the northern & southern grandstand, and another replay screen should be main priorities.

The outiside renovations of the stadium to modernise it, would make it a nice touch.

• Muttman - I live in Qld and even we have heard there is a $4.5 BILLION hole in the NSW coffers - so I reckon you have got this one correct.
  • tony i think the 31k seats is for the public i dont think its including the corporate seats?
This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Michael Ericson replied to Cʜɪᴇғ - 😘's discussion Mitchell Moses cops NSW selection blow as Eels comeback for Magic Round put on ice
"I wouldn't be rushing Moses back at all. You have to finish top 4 to win the comp and we aren't doing that so effectively the season is over for us. I wouldn't be rushing Gutho back in either. In fact with Gutho id be tempted to give him the whole…"
5 minutes ago
fake midget pseudoachondroplasia replied to LB's discussion What round should NRL include?
"Get rid of all the PC rounds and replace them with country footy round.  Every game played in a regional town to grow the game. 
So many country footy clubs are struggling so the money raised from these games can go towards the local competitions. …"
6 minutes ago
The Badger replied to LB's discussion What round should NRL include?
"Cherbourg I think"
8 minutes ago
Hell On Eels commented on Hell On Eels's event Magic Round 11 v Melbourne: In the Eye Of the Storm
"BEM, You got what's between the lines.
We're in such a rut. And I suspect there are players outside Arthur's special circle that are losing faith in our systems and the club. 
You can't keep losing for almost a year and getting bashed up, regularly,…"
22 minutes ago
More…