Update from Bazza via Fox Sports

Exclusive: Raider Junior Paul signs for Parramatta Eels on four-year, $2.8 million deal
RAIDERS
James Hooper
April 18, 2018 2:40pm
JAMES HOOPER@jimmyhooper
Source: FOX SPORTS
Junior Paulo: leaving Canberra for Parramatta.
Junior Paulo: leaving Canberra for Parramatta.Source: Getty Images


THE Parramatta Eels have outlaid a massive $2.8 million four-year deal to land the signature of Raiders enforcer Junior Paulo.

Despite denying a deal had been agreed less than 24 hours ago, Fox League has been assured Paulo will be returning to the Eels from next season.

The Eels have been the biggest flops of this season starting the year 0-6 with one of their glaring weaknesses being a lack of a power forward in the front row.

Paulo quit the Eels mid-season in 2016 to form a damaging front row combination with Shannon Boyd as the Raiders surged into the grand final qualifier.


But the front row forward was blasted by coach Ricky Stuart at the start of this season after returning from World Cup duties for Samoa at 130kg.

The Raiders fought hard to retain Paulo but ultimately the Eels $700,00-a-season offer gazumped them.

Paulo initially lefty Sydney to move away from “bad influences” but will now be returning to the Eels for 2019.

The Raiders are not expected to release Paulo this year.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

  • The deal works out to roughly $600,000 per year.

    • $700k per year

      • Yeh, I didn't get past year 10 maths for a reason.

    • Thank fuck youre not in charge of our salary cap super lol, we might be in a bit of trouble.

      • LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

      • I think he is in charge of the roosters cap with those calculations.

    •  $700,000 a season seems a dune deal.

  • Its a start.
    Next ??
  • "No, I haven't agreed to terms (with the Eels), there's only been offers from several clubs from Sydney," Paulo said.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

LB replied to Johnny Suede's discussion Lomax legal promise could create salary-cap headache for Storm
"They have never been in a position of not getting what they want. They said when first started Ryles should just tell the board to let him go as they let him go, despite not letting him touch Storm players for 12 months, they also said the Sydney…"
3 hours ago
LB replied to Johnny Suede's discussion Lomax legal promise could create salary-cap headache for Storm
"Yeah they have backs but also how often do they get Origin talent?"
3 hours ago
Troy Wade replied to Johnny Suede's discussion Lomax legal promise could create salary-cap headache for Storm
"I'm sick of all the attention this bloke is getting. Go play bush footy for 3 years. End of story. You made your bed - now sleep on it..The NRL and the Storm can well and truely go get f....."
3 hours ago
DYNASTY.LOADING replied to Johnny Suede's discussion Lomax legal promise could create salary-cap headache for Storm
"Only reason I think he remains at the club is on a minimum wage deal to have someone integrated in the culture available as an experienced head in NSW cup to help steer the team around. I agree he is not going to be a priority signing and he hasn't…"
4 hours ago
More…