1Eyed Eel

Parramatta Eels Supporters Website

http://theobstructionrule.com/2017/09/13/gower-agrees-to-terms-on-eels-extension/

Gower does not make my cut when it comes to the strongest 17 but when he is used i dont gett fussed as he will always provide a solid display an he also has nice pass every now and then.
Definetely not a liability to any side.
His re-signing is cheaper than chips and yet provides great depth when called upon.
Glad he'll still be around.

Views: 999

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How old are you raid 10. I recommend you to check your grammar before blogging . Shiiiiiiing
Next time im gonna throw all 52 cards at you.
Hahahaha why you dis
It'll probably be a 1 year min wage deal.

I don't have a problem with it when called on for the most part Gower does a decent job for us.

I'm more interested in what we are doing on the replace Semi front.
I think Greg Leleisiuao will replace semi, then we also have Gutherson to come back and also Hoffman, then Avau'a, and G Jennings, parra will save the money for semi to come back at middle of the year

1: C Gutherson ( W Smith )
2: G Leleisiuao ( J Hoffman )
3: M Jennings ( D Aukafolau )
4: B Takairangi ( K Avau'a )
5: B French ( G Jennings )
6: C Norman
7: M Moses

Hopefully semi to be back halfway thru the year.
Still good side with some good depth
Thanks Carl I'm really sweating Semi's replacement I've only seen the highlights of young Leleisiuao.

Is he decent defensively with reads and under the high ball?

Looks to have some speed and runs with a lot of purpose from what I've seen with footwork to boot.

Gower is a great servant to the mighty Eels.
A heady player who is versatile.

no problem with this, a handy backup who will be in our top 30 and can cover all of the forward positions if injuries occur.

I'm hearing Gower for Origin 2018!!!
I sure hope so Mac. He and Guth did name City selection.

Definitely a depth player and a strong one at that. Gower is a good contributor when called upon and has done the job every time he's been called upon this season. It's important to have players like him in your squad given he can cover both the edge and middle. Nathan Brown plays a hundred miles an hour each week and Beau Scott is about to enter the final year of his contract so having Gower available to step into the breech when injuries/suspensions strike our forward pack is great. Out of the back-rowers in the lower grades I think we've only got Ualesi and Stone who'd be able to jump up and, as we've seen with Tepai, you don't want to throw them into first grade for an extended period straight away. 

Next year we'll have:

Tepai

Beau

Kenny

Brown

Manu

Gower

Ualesi 

Stone

as back-rowers. Frank the tank only signed a one year deal and hasn't been used a lot this season.

Good news about Gower getting extension.

RSS

© 2017   Created by 1Eyed Eel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service