1Eyed Eel

Parramatta Eels Supporters Website

The Parramatta Eels National Rugby League Club Pty Limited would today like to announce the signing of five-eighth Jaeman Salmon, on a 3 year contract until the end of the 2020 season.

Salmon, who was part of the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks NYC side in 2017 was also an U16s & U18s NSW Origin representative.

Eels NYC players Greg Leleisiuao, Dane Aukafolau and Ray Stone have also been elevated into the Eels squad in 2018.

Head of Recruitment & Retention Peter Sharp said, “Jaeman is a very exciting youngster who will enhance our already elite program and flourish under Brad Arthur.”

“Greg, Dane and Ray all graduated from our U20’s Grand Final NYC Squad and will all be great additions to an already strong Eels side."

Views: 5242

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No mention of Mahoney, Faingaa or Dylan Brown is interesting. Yet to be added or too young?

Brown is only 17, far too early for him. I'm not surprised by Mahoney's exclusion, I'm not sold on him yet, but am a little surprised by Faainga's exclusion. He is an interesting talent.

Brett his definitely shown what his got in the WC
Mahoney and co are still eligible for under 20s. Salmon turns 19 next year but would’ve been in high demand, so is probably in the full time squad on a decent contract.
Poupou, i would imagine this is were the six development players that are outside of the top 30 NRL squad come into effect. Up to six players like Dylan Brown and Mahoney are eligible for a contract for no less than 2 years, which is outside the Salary Cap, at $60k a season. They have to be under 22yrs at the end of the contract to be eligible.

Who else out of our current NYC do you see as eligible for a development contracts?

Good point Tragiceel. My tip for the six development players a month or so ago was:

Afualo

Brown

Dresler

Kaufusi

Mahoney

Schneider

There you go Chief...

This is great news and all those named will hopefully do very well. Exciting times for the young lads.

I would of thought Faingaa would of been there for sure!
Really hoping we can keep Faingaa, he has been super impressive in the World Cup. Sign him up.

Very happy with these young blokes signing, I thought Aukafolau was very good in the final, must admit it was the first time that I watched him, Salmon has some big wraps on him and could be a handy buy.
Don’t shoot the messenger but I may have heard he signed with the Tigers. Anyway it was from a forum on Facebook so I wouldn’t say there is much credit to it.
I hope we sign faingaa he look good in the world cup

And i hope we get more players then these young players we need players with experience big forwards
Heard during World Cup he signed with the tigers

RSS

© 2017   Created by 1Eyed Eel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service