Worry For Parra in 2024

‘I worry for Parramatta’: Dual-code international predicts disappointing season for Eels

“They’ve got some solid players but they just don’t have an X-factor player.

‘I worry for Parramatta’: Dual-code international predicts disappointing season for Eel.

Ahead of the opening round of the 2024 season, dual-code international Mat Rogers has predicted what type of season the Parramatta Eels will have this year.

An icon of rugby league, Rogers believes that the Eels struggles will continue this season after they struggled in 2023, having made the Grand Final the season before.

round of the 2024 season, dual-code international Mat Rogers has predicted what type of season the Parramatta Eels will have this year.

An icon of rugby league, Rogers believes that the Eels struggles will continue this season after they struggled in 2023, having made the Grand Final the season before.

Failing to play consistent football, the Eels recorded a 12-12 record in 2023, narrowly missing out on the finals series, having finished in tenth place.

Speaking on the Eels, Rogers believes that despite having several representative players in their line-up, they still lack an elite player that separates the great teams from good teams in the competition.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I really tend to agree with Rogers at this stage

• I haven't seen any commentators, former players or bookies that have us making the top 8.

• Ennis does and the bloke from sporsbet with the beard 

Eels are paying  $4.50 to make the top 4. If you have a spare 2 or 3 grand lying around it's a good investment Bem

• I always have a spare 2 or 3 grand on hand but I never waste it gambling. That's a mugs game.

• Certainly is 

• Who said anything about gambling? 

• You did.

• Sean Omerod you mean? Also Ginnane tipped us late last year as a one to look out for.

Ennis also is surprising to me.

• Ennis was a hooker, he understands who wins footy games, and it's not by sparkly flashy backs

• Mitchell Moses and Dylan Brown hmmmm.

So we just miss the finals with suspension and injury last year and May Rogers thinks we'll be the same.I think that's inaccurate.I think if we keep the our best together for long periods of the season we'll definitely make the finals.

I don't see 8 foward packs better than ours and I don't see 8 spines better than ours.

If Parra can get there defensive consistency soughted I think the skies the limit.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Hell On Eels replied to Hell On Eels's discussion The Bennett Hypothetical: Two Sliding Doors
"Thanks, TAD.  Well said! And it's so good to see you posting buddy. I haven't see you posting lately.
Spot on. Ultimately, a good mentor or teacher's aim is to make the student independant of the teacher. Self-sufficient: For the once dependent,…"
27 minutes ago
BEM replied to Fiddy's discussion Raiders no halfback getting pumped
"Losing your halfback is a massive problem for teams like Parra and Canberra compared to teams like Penrith and the Broncos. 
The difference being that Parramatta and Canberra have very very average coaches compared to Penrith and the Broncos. 
The…"
57 minutes ago
BEM replied to EA's discussion Lomax Clause
"Does this "journalist" know this for a fact or like 99% of them, is he just making shit up."
1 hour ago
Rabz S replied to Fiddy's discussion Raiders no halfback getting pumped
"Couldn't of happened to a more deserving cunt."
1 hour ago
More…