Who would you swap for Lomax?

With all the talk that Flanagan won't realese him early unless he gets a good player. Who would you let go? 

Me personally I would let Paulo, Sivo or Matterson go fo him. Paulo just seems to be running in cruise control these days, doesn't have the same effect he once did. 

Lomax would be a great pick up and needed for our backline, we must go hard for him. 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• They just said on 360 that part of Lomax's beef with the dragons is that he wants to play fullback and he's been shifted from there to the centres and now to the wing. At least in his own mind he's a fullback.

• Your off your head giving gutho away 

• Don't give Flanno any ideas, I hear he frequents this blog.

Flanno, if you're reading, please please please don't take Sivo - he's exceptionally talented, the fasted and strongest at our club, and is just one of those guys who gives 110% week in, week out. Take anyone else, just not our most valuable player Sivo who is easily a million dollar player.

• I like reverse psychology 

• Hahaha imagine them having the Fijian wingers each side, might need to play in 10 minute intervals for them though. 

• Matterson in a heartbeat. 

• If the Eels were to trade an established first grade player, they’ll no doubt have to strongly consider what that player brings off the field as much as on it.

As much as we need a Lomax type, releasing a very popular player, a leader, a voice others listen too etc, could have a very detrimental effect on the playing group.

Which is why I don’t personally feel you could trade Paulo. There is something about Paulo, when is on, the Eels are on, when he is off, the Eels seem off. He may not be a talker, but, he might be more the game-day spiritual leader type?

Matterson might be the only one to fit the requirements - he is a very good player, he is what the Dragons need, and there has been rumours (whether true or not) that he does walk to the beat of his own drum?

Honestly though, wonder if a hyped junior like Sanders could get Flanno far more excited. Halves are harder to come by than locks, and Ben Hunt is 34.

• Nos great comment, do you think it's time for a new leader though? Also I get where you are coming from but say they did move Paulo on, the other players might think shit! They aren't mucking around anymore. 

It's groundhog Day every year, they play the same way the forwards. Imagine Yeo or Kennedy against the tigers on Monday. They would of started leading by example and flogging them back. Paulo went into playing a half back roll which he does and his hit ups had nothing in them at all. 

The tigers weren't that good and we let them roll us, we are supposed to have one of the best packs but besides from rcg and hopegood it's so inconsistent. 

• Very fair points.

Agree with you on the Groundhog Day - at 14-6 up, against 12 men, it's criminal to lose from there, and that to some degree has to point to leadership?

Lomax is very unlikely to bring that with him, so if we give up a part of our engine room, we’d have to be sure the whole engine room doesn't collapse to some degree - purely opinion, but trading Paulo could cause that collapse for a few reasons.

So much of our game plan revolves around him, he’s huge for us off the bench (something we have lacked for a while), he seems to be a barometer for our mental application & thinking deeper, he has kids in schools & a large family in Sydney - we’d be asking a lot to relocate to Wollongong.

I think EA or LB mentioned Sanders first, but he is the one if Flanno was after a half.

If not, sign Lomax for 2025 onwards & bide our time to see what eventuates.. If the Dragons season ends prematurely, Flanno might want to blood a new centre / winger over a leaving player anyway.

Most importantly, as Coryn mentioned, we need to lock him in now before the wolves (Roosters) come knocking? An immediate move or at least signing, might be the Eels best shot.

• Nos agree with Lomax 2025, I'm happy to wait but we need to sign him up asap. 

We have been playing that roll with Paulo for so long and it hasn't got us anywhere. Yes it's great when it comes off, but when it doesn't we are just jogging on the spot and no one is going forward. Hands on hips and walking in the defensive line isn't a good look by the captain. 

I Paulo is one of my favorite parra players but I think the game has changed, he is getting older and slower. Unless he comes off the bench every week, he doesn't add much I don't feel. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

christeel replied to paul taylor's discussion Dogs are the real deal this year.
" " sigh  "  thought  parramatta  could have  done a little better  imo to pursue  Connor treacy , before  those  dogs  ."
1 minute ago
Coryn Hughes replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Eels vs Storm
"To be fair we were 2-1 before losing Moses for 9 weeks."
5 minutes ago
LB replied to Adam Mogg's discussion Gutherson's post gane presser message
"I doubt there is anything to it to be fair. He did make clear when Ryles was hired he was not pleased how long it took and how little they were told about it, to which i say as it should have been. I believe players aren't happy with how the club is…"
10 minutes ago
Coryn Hughes replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Eels vs Storm
"I don't enjoy watching us either but I try my very best to walk away with something a little thing and see if they can repeat it weekly.
With this team right now I'd describe my expectations as being at the baby steps stage."
40 minutes ago
More…