After today's dismal performance by the Eels in 4th spot on the ladder against bottom of the table winless Tigers in front of 30000 fans at their home ground when they seriously should have put 20+ on the Tigers you have to ask yourself what's an acceptable result for the Eels and Brad Arthur this year? In my opinion it would have to at least:

1) Make the Grand Final

2) Make the Grand Final and win 

Anything less than this is unacceptable as far as I'm concerned. Next year at this stage the Eels have Josh Hodgson as hooker with Mitch Rein as backup. No Nuikore, No Papali, No Kufusi, No Mahoney and No Stone. The next 4 games the Eels have Knights, Cowboys, Panthers, Roosters all away. RCG might be out injured, Still no winger and Penisini was stupidity on the wing, Opacic looked injured, Nuikore in centre is wasted and we know the coach's selection of players and the bench is way below average. I'm seriously having many doubts as to whether this coach can realistically deliver a premiership especially after today's disgraceful display.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Win the premiership nothing more nothing less. Been too long no more excuses for this club to lift the trophy. 

• Was a perfect game for Carty to be picked. He gets the exact same metres if not more than Makatios and his offensive skills are obv far superior. Had to be picked.

• Agree, really bad selection choices. Can't understand his selections 

• I reckon winning the Grand Final in 2022 is the expectation this year. I mean the coach has had 9 years in charge and he has a good roster of players that have been together for a number of years. Anything less is unacceptable and time for a new look. I'd like to see Shane Flanagan as head coach if Brad Arthur can't deliver this year

• I'd take a clean swap of Shane Flannagan for Brad Arthur right now if it were possible. Shane in as head coach and BA back Rouse Hill Rhinos under 14's.

• X2

• Totally agree mate 100%

• I personally think he's well and truely underachieved the last few years. We had stability, a pretty decent run with injuries, larely unaffected by Origin, and a squad thats being broken up next year because we cant keep a bunch of them at their market value. Not saying we shouldve won the comp both years but we were in a great poisition to finish top 4 and we can't make it past week 2. We built the season in the first half to finish top 4 and couldnt either time.

We gave him excuses for his enept coaching performance in 2018 , and a bunch of credit for guiding us though the salary cap drama (what else was he gonna do). Its top 4 and week 3 or bust this year for mine. We've had a few injuries but we're in an absolutely blessed roster position compared to like 12 of the other clubs.

• We are a middle of the table team, I'll be happy just to make the finals. All this talk of being a contender and playing in the grand final is pure fantasy. We should have defended Junior at the judiciary.

• I was actually disgusted Junior was represented from someone at the club

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Michael W. replied to LB's discussion If not Bennett, then who?
"So what you're saying is that Madge and Demitriou were sacked because the players run the club, if that's the case here, why hasn't BA been sacked?"
4 hours ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Frankie Fong's discussion THE BUSH COACH WILL NEVER QUIT 🤣🤣
"That's not answering the question.  I'm sure Brad won an award or two when he was coaching bush footy. The question is wouid you walk away from your income if some parents decided they wanted you out. Let's for arguments sake say they found you be…"
5 hours ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Frankie Fong's discussion THE BUSH COACH WILL NEVER QUIT 🤣🤣
"I could easily see him popping up at Canterbury , Newcastle , wests or Souths ( should they miss out on Wayneo) . I think Wests could benefit from him as head coach big time. "
5 hours ago
EA replied to Seraph's discussion Injuries and age - who makes the cut?
"Blake was good in 2019 as he only joined mid season that year. From 2020 he was horrible. He did have a decent end to the season when we got knocked out my Penrith in the finals in a close game, but that's about it. "
6 hours ago
More…