Trial Team v Dragons (Players with 12 games or less from 2020)

It looks like the trial on 18/02/21 is only allwoing players who played 12 games or less last year. Having a look at the numbers, that leaves very few to choose from.

Not too sure about how many of the new recruits will be available? Anyone keen to try and predict a line up?

Player ↓RepAgeAppIntTGFGPts 
ALVARO, Daniel  NSW Country Origin27-2----Match List
BLAKE, WaqaFiji NSW City Origin2522-6--24Match List
BROWN, Dylan 2018-4--16Match List
BROWN, Nathan   New South Wales Origin NSW City Origin2718-1--4Match List
CAMPBELL-GILLARD, ReaganAustralia Fiji   New South Wales Origin NSW City Origin  2721-1--4Match List
DAVEY, Andrew 2828----Match List
DUNSTER, Haze 211-----Match List
EVANS, KaneFiji NSW City Origin  282144--16Match List
FERGUSON, BlakeAustralia   New South Wales Origin NSW Country Origin  3020-4--16Match List
FIELD, Jai 236-3--12Match List
GOWER, DavidNSW City Origin35-3----Match List
GUTHERSON, Clinton  New South Wales Origin NSW City Origin2622-1012165Match List
JENNINGS, George 272-3--12Match List
JENNINGS, MichaelAustralia Tonga    New South Wales Origin NSW City Origin  3220-7--28Match List
KAUFUSI, Oregon 21-13----Match List
LANE, Shaun 252023--12Match List
MAHONEY, Reed  2221-3--12Match List
MATTERSON, RyanNSW City Origin2519-3--12Match List
MOSES, Mitchell   2619-3571127Match List
NIUKORE, Marata 246111--4Match List
PAULO, Junior  New South Wales Origin26211----Match List
SIVO, MaikaFiji2721-15--60Match List
SMITH, Will 28141--4Match List
STONE, Ray 231111--4Match List
TAKAIRANGI, BradNew Zealand   31371--4Match List
TEREPO, PeniTonga28-61--4Match List
UTOIKAMANU, Stefano 20-3----Match List
27 players5 cur. / 18 tot.26.4522 games75692440 

Legend: H = Home, A = Away, N = Neutral; W = Win, L = Loss, D = Draw, Rep = Representative Status, App = Starting Appearances, Int = Interchange Appearances.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Dunster

Rankin

Oldfield

Opacic

Cartwright 

Hollis

Hughes

Lussick

Roache

Are the ones in the current Top 30 eligible to play on Thursday night

• I reckon they're gonna have to be eligible!

• What are the game stats as far as how many played with their former clubs?  

• My guess would be:

1. Will Smith

2. Micheal Oldfield

3. Will Penisini

4. Tom Opacic

5. Haze Dunster

6. Jordan Rankin

7. Jake Arthur

8. David Hollis

9. Joey Lussick

10. Sam Hughes

11. Bryce Cartwright

12. Makahesi Makatoa

13. Ray Stone

14. Nathaniel Roache

15. Tasi Matautu

16. Elie El-Zakhem

17. Sean Russell

• Good side Sneaky,  Stone played in 12 games and sqeeked into the team. all the others though will be very much champing at the bit to add to their games.  Put your money on young Arthur to be captain.

• Cheers Collin. I wouldn't be suprised either if Arthur was named captain

• Just for those that thinks Jake Arthur being captain is nepotism they should think again.

In the trials being played every week young Arthur is leading one of the sides around the park in every game and doing a pretty good job of it.

That said the captain maybe just an older player and it could be someone like Stone who may play all the minutes or as many as anyone would play.

• I agree Poppa I think he would the best choice out of this team.

• Pops, fair comments.  While I have a high regard for Stone as to his various football prowesses, not really sure about him as a captain though. While its only a trial game and seemingly fixed at 17 players Stone has not played a full game, and one would think the captain should be an 80minute player. But, it would be a good measure of his future and how he would handle his future.

I tend to agree with you regarding Jake but as he has been leading teams for a while now and having seen his performances at the schools GF game, he certainly impressed me with his smarts and abilities to lead as a captain.  There's little doubt the bird on his shoulder that he has to bear may be hard but could also be the real making of him.

There's been more than a few players in the past across more than a few teams that have had to carry similar birds on their shoulders, some have plucked its feathers and gone on to greater things, others have had to cut the birds legs off so as to make a decent future for themselves.

• Agree completely with you Colin, he may actually not play Jake at all (not withstanding his outstanding potential)...... the reason being is that Jake is not physically ready for First Grade and Joey Lussick would more than likely be the first grade half if say Moses was injured.

Maybe they should leave Jake in the U/21's and have him as a back up for the reserve grade side.

No need to rush him at this stage and young Jake has shown his potential this preseason.

Nice to win a couple of the minor grade titles to sit in behind us going forward.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Frankie Fong replied to Rabz S's discussion South Sydney to offer Wayne Bennett three-year deal as Eels pass on supercoach
"HOE the reforms have really fucked the club because we had the wrong people involved , Max Donnelly should never of been allowed to select the board because he had no experience or understanding of what was required to run a club .  

Members lost…"
26 minutes ago
Snakey - Sack Dylan Brown replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion Senior Players / BA
"Exactly right Brad, we're in the comfort zone, we have been for a long time under BA and this board.
Theres plenty of people at the club feathering their own nests and pissing in each others pockets.
Theres obviously a huge lack of accountability…"
32 minutes ago
KENDOZA replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion Senior Players / BA
"Gutho is so far up Arthur's arse if he spits its coming out of Arthur's mouth"
36 minutes ago
KENDOZA replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion Senior Players / BA
"Jnr is only here for the cash he doesn't want to burn himself out for his boxing career once he retires."
38 minutes ago
More…