Replies

• Team Song https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2019/07/14/team-song--watch-the-e... 

TEAM SONG | Watch the Eels celebrate after their victory over the Wests Tigers
    Watch the Blue & Gold celebrate in the sheds of Bankwest Stadium after their Round 17 victory over the Wests Tigers tonight
  • Taka on his hat trick https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2019/07/14/takairangi-on-his-hat-...

Takairangi on his hat-trick
    Parramatta Eels centre Brad Takairangi reflects on his stunning hat-trick in his team's win over the Wests Tigers in Round 17, saying he always backe…
  • Lane: We really had to work for it https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2019/07/14/lane-we-really-had-to-...

Lane: We really had to work for it
    Parramatta Eels second rower Shaun Lane says their win against the Wests Tigers in Round 17 at Bankwest Stadium was particularly satisfying because t…
  • Match Highlights: https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2019/07/14/match-highlights-wests...

Match Highlights: Wests Tigers v Eels
    The Wests Tigers host the Eels during round 17 of the 2019 NRL Telstra Premiership
  • Photos: Eels v Tigers Round 17 https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2019/07/14/wests-tigers-v-eels-ro...

Wests Tigers v Eels, Round 17 in photos
    See all the best photos from the Parramatta Eels Round 17 victory over the Wests Tigers at Bankwest Stadium on Sunday 14 July
  • Wenty too good for Western Suburbs

parraeels.com.au

Sun 14 Jul 2019, 03:28 PM

Western Suburbs Magpies got first points, starting the game strong, but the Wentworthville Magpies proved too strong for their competitors in their Round 17 Canterbury Cup clash at Bankwest Stadium on Sunday afternoon.

Western Suburbs were first on the scoreboard in just the fourth minute with Luke Garner crashing over next to the post.

The Wentworthville Magpies piled on the pressure form there with some good field position and back-to-back sets, which saw Ethan Parry pick up their first points on the left wing minutes later.

The Western Suburbs hit back, with Tommy Talau performing a nice left hand fend to cross in the right corner for their second try of the game.

In the seesawing game, Oregon Kaufusi bundled over in the 22nd minute to even the scoreboard at 10 a piece.

An opportunity for Wentworthville went begging when Will Smith knocked on a grubber kick in the in-goal.

Taipari broke open the game before halftime with a nice short ball to Fainga'a who picked up Wentworthville’s third try to put them ahead by four points.

Rhys Davies extended the lead in the 38thminute to put Wentworthville ahead by 8 heading into the sheds.

It took 13 minutes before points were scored in the second half.

A nice long ball from Will Smith put Haze Dunster over in the corner, before Rhys Davies converted the try from the sideline.

Western Suburbs gave a late scare with four minutes to go, with Kane McQuiggin scoring on the right hand side.

The following set, Bevan French made a near length of the field dash, but failed to score for Wentworthville after being tackled into touch.

Western Suburbs scored under the post with one second to go, but it was too little too late.

Wentworthville Magpies were too strong in the end and came away with the two points, scrambling in defence until full-time, winning 26-20.

Link: https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2019/07/14/wenty-too-good-for-wes...

News
    News, video and photos from the Parramatta Eels rugby league football club.
  • CF, I get chills when I watch the team song after a victory. 

It was interesting listening to Arthur's presser. The catch word: reliable. When standing "shoulder to shoulder"; meeting expectations of manning up. And not "pulling the trigger" every time. Patience.

He has obviously been thinking a bit more. Pleasing.

We weren't perfect and 3 tries were scored out on Sivo's wing, Brown made errors, but we played well in stages that counted. Aimed up and were patient. I am delighted. Let's continue. Onwards and upwards. The work has only began.

• Get the chills too HOE. I think Brad is doing a good job getting the basics in focus before adding on all the lights 

53138d4ad76f27d3048d40584c1f490f.jpg

• Agree CF. We need the team character and soul before we put the clothes on.

Just those small things Arthur has said are quite revealing; he might be be growing and the managers and admin are more a team now. 

And yesterday we won against a tough Tigers outfit that never gave up. Had 51% of possession. Even after they look dead and buried they formed a group huddles after an Eels try. Not the usual hands on hips, dazed look.

But I still feel, if Arthur is going to stay he needs support if we are to ever get aa consistentl strong culture. Look at Ponissi-Bellamy, Politis-Canavan for decades, Crowe-Packer-Richardson-Bennett. Hope I am wrong.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Jack replied to BEM's discussion Next Week's Team
"Eh doesn't matter now. I was always a BA supporter but his lost the room, I think all us fans need a change and it's time for one. Unless something dramatically changes in coming weeks a care taker needs to take over and sign another coach. I would…"
30 minutes ago
EA replied to EA's discussion Name and Shame the players
"I just want bennet😂"
39 minutes ago
Snottie Pimpin replied to EelsAgeMe's discussion Most embarrassing game in our history?
" i don't mind listening to TCT guys, theyre die hard fans who badly want us to succeed and seem like decent blokes.
I feel at times though there needs to be some higher expectations from the fans and some demand for accountability for what we are…"
40 minutes ago
EA replied to EA's discussion Name and Shame the players
"There was a couple of times he ran out of the line when dolphins were started the set. Just found it funny how he would do that but we have forwards who couldn't even make a tackle let alone provide line speed. "
45 minutes ago
More…