THE BEST EELS 13 SINCE 2000

I have been watching all the league matches over the last few days on Fox Tv. There are many Eels players I have completely forgotten or did not realise even played for Eels. We had great teams in 2001,2005,2009 and 2017,2019.

There could be several players you could put in various positions. Centre,five eight second row , hooker and prop were the positions I had difficult choosing between.

However my 13 is 1. Hayne 2.Burt 3.Tahu 4.Inu 5 Radradra 6 Gutherson 7 Moses. 8 Moi Moi 9, Brad Drew 10.Cayless 11 Hindmarsh 12 Ben Smith 13 Mateo.

I realise there are several others you could pick but these are the ones I could think of.

 

 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

★
★
★
★
★
Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

  • The only changes I would have would be Lyon in for Inu, Nathan Brown for Mateo, and probably Manu for Ben Smith.

  • there Are some that have missed your team, that played origin that are worthy considerations as well.  I think we had Andrew Ryan, Jim Dymock, Jason Smith, Clinton Schifcovski, Mick Vella, Brett Hodgson, Gary Larsen, Eric Grothe jnr , Jamie Lyon to name a couple. Piggy Ridell might or PJ Marsh might give Brad Drew a run, either way our Dummy half is light on for the last 20 years I would throw young Mahoney in.

    • I was close to putting Bobcat in there, he would definitely be on my bench. 

  • 1. Hayne (09)
    2.Grothe Jr (09)
    3.Tahu (05)
    4. Ben Smith (05)
    5. Radradra (17)
    6. Moses (19)
    7. T Smith (05)
    8. Moi Moi (09)
    9. Kingston (09)
    10.Cayless (05)
    11. Hindmarsh (doesn't need a year)
    12 Mau (2017)
    13 Mateo (09)

    14. Gutho (2017)

    • I couldnt think of a better team if youre going off the form of those years

      • I couldn't put Ben Smith in the centres ahead of Jamie Lyon, especially in 01 when he was close to the best outside back in the league.

        • Agree, but I just couldn't bring myself to add Jamie Lyon my Parra team. Just felt wrong...

        • Michael Jennings in for Lyon or Tahu? He has been very good for us over a number of seasons. Also hard to leave out Junior Paulo, but I suppose like for like, Moi Moi just pips him at his best.

          • Yeah, Jennings could be centre.

            Moi Moi's my all-time favourite Eels forward, he owns the 8 in my eyes.

    • Only change I would make would be Lyon for Smith. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Clintorian replied to Roy tannous's discussion Harry grant to knights??
"This would be an impressive signing by the Knights, but I can't see Harry leaving the Storm. Hopefully it happens and Best is pushed out, we'll be in the a good chance to land him 🤞"
30 minutes ago
Roy tannous posted a discussion
Grants been linked to knights and interesting,Grants open to moving to Newcastle.Just rumors at this stage but if it gets bigger and bigger.Knights can't afford him with ponga and brown on over a mill and others taking a lot of the cap.So what does…
57 minutes ago
Gucci replied to Roy tannous's discussion Eels in talks to resign Jack Williams Luca Moretti and Sam tuivati
"The only issue I have is the head knocks because he puts himself in the strangest positions for a big man sometimes. But majority of his long term injuries were inflicted by other players in tackles for the past two seasons."
2 hours ago
Mathew Clarke replied to Roy tannous's discussion Eels in talks to resign Jack Williams Luca Moretti and Sam tuivati
"Great news on all 3. I'm suprised many don't think Moretti is a good keep. He is just coming to age for Prop forwards (Mid 20's) and runs some great lines. I think he needs to have Williams show him the ropes and Luca, Teacum and Tuivaiti need to…"
2 hours ago
More…