Parramatta's 2020 Boom Rookie

Who among the Eels junior ranks is going to make their mark on first grade this season? There is a lot of competition for spots this season, particularly amongst the forwards, so who is going to lay down a challenge this season and take on the seasoned first graders?

Oregon Kaufusi: The young prop has played 10 NRL games so far and has been a valued contributor in his limited minutes. He's been on the fringe of first grade regularly, often being named as 18th man and mostly turned out for Wenty during the 2019 season. 

Stefano Utoikamanu: The young powerhouse only has one season remaining at the Blue and Gold after signing for the Tigers. But an upgrade to the Top 30 means he is very much in the plans of Brad Arthur this year, who may look to inject some youth if needed. He and Kaufusi may be called upon during the Origin period should players such as RCG and Junior Paulo end up in the Blues squad. Paulo is eligible for NSW and featured in an Emerging Blues camp in 2017 while RCG represented his state on one occasion.

Ethan Parry: He took his opportunity when it presented itself in 2019, now Ethan Parry is looking to try and force is way into a star studded Eels backline. Although he won't be a first choice representative duties and/or injuries could open the door for the young outside back. At 191cm and 97kg he'd hardly be a downgrade size-wise if called upon.

Dylan Brown: It feels like we've been talking about him for two years now, but Brown has only notched 15 first grade games due to a back injury during 2019. He turns 20 at the start of the season and has been tipped for higher honours by none other than Andrew Johns. Speaking of the eighth immortal, Brown has been working with the legend who is working as a halves coach for the Eels this season. One would think that if Brown were to get a full season under his belt and hit his straps, the Eels will go deep into September.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Super it would be wonderful if apart from Dylan Brown we have little need this season to regularly play the other 3 as a result of fine performances from our top 17 and minimum injury to them . 

• Super are you certain about Junior being eligible for the Blues. I mentioned this last year around SOO time and was soundly told that he has pledged his allegiance elsewhere. Samoa maybe 

• Utoikimanu will be the rookie of the year. It will be the one that parramatta should of not let go.

unleash the beast.

• Your dreaming mate, he's nothing special, he's slow and sluggish, and rarely breaks the line, Fifita, Payne Haas, are light years ahead of him. I have been watching most of Wenty's games and he's no better than average, even some of the other fans there said for a big lad he should be charging hard and making ground but most times he doesn't, another Pauli Pauli in my view. Unleash the beast.?? LMFAO.!!!!! Glad he's going to the Tigers, their loss not ours.!!!

• Stefano Utoikamanu: The young powerhouse.?? Are you kidding, he hasnt even played a first grade game yet, i have been watching him play for Wenty and he's no better than average in my view. Nowhere near the likes of Brisbane young guns Fifita & Payne Hass, all this revved up hype i keep hearing about, 'boom' rookie, powerhouse,rising young 'star', teenage 'sensation' forward 'sensation', You have to earn those tags, he is unproven thus far. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt but i think he'll end up a plodder, especially if he believes in all this hype, we'll see.

• I agree, powerhouse haha. Hasn't done anything yet.

where does the origin talk come from with this guy, how could he possibly be origin bolter material?  Should consistency and also consistency in first grade be of importance? 

• I reckon it will be Gomer Pyle!

• This reply was deleted.
    • Maybe powderpuff in attack in some games but also a good offloader of the ball and What about Alvaro in defence? I think he is a good defender. Is Kaufusi better in these areas? 

• This reply was deleted.
        • Based on what BEM?  How many games has Kaufusi had in 1st grade in comparision?  Massive step up from where he has been playing versus Alvaro and where he has been regularly playing.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Grunta the great replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Eels vs Dolphins
"Yeah good advice!
I'm going with that..."
1 minute ago
Seth hardy replied to Axel's discussion Brad and Bennett
"For once this is a pretty accurate article for a journo, if we can't beat a second  string Dolphins team handsomely they should all stay in bloody Darwin. No excuses."
7 minutes ago
shane replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Eels vs Dolphins
"we should win this easy, if not we aren't a top 8 side though we do seem to strugle against teams we should beat easy.
Eels by 14
MOM RCG"
7 minutes ago
Mapik replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Eels vs Dolphins
"Here's a tip for those who can't make the game when Parra are favourites to win...
Have a bet roughly what you would pay to go to the game and get a few beers and soft drinks for the kids ($50-$100). Back the opposition at the plus (in this case…"
8 minutes ago
More…