Parramatta 2022 NRL Season Review

How would you rate our 2022 NRL season?, was it a pass for this year or a failure?. We certainly did a lot better than most people predicted.  After the Souths game where we lost 26-0 pretty much everyone wrote us off.  I did my own review of the year if you want to check it out.

https://youtu.be/LbgEqeoLy50

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Fail.

Although it was nice to make a Grand Final we had a rails run in getting there and probably didn't really deserve to be there, the performance dished up was very embarrassing..... felt let down and we were total pretenders to be honest.

The Raiders we're awful and the Cowboys were hapless, if we stumbled across the Rabbitohs or Roosters I doubt we make the big one.

The regular season was very inconsistent, not good enough for a Top 4 team to leak the amount of points we did.

Without Moses we would be miss the 8.

• The Storm formline held up well in the finals didn't it after they were beaten by a pathetic Raiders team.

Cowboys formline was also weak through the Sharks.

Pretty embarrassing that we were belted twice in finals footy by the premiers...... enough said there.

• Many would argue Souths were a better team than us, yet they got belted by the Panthers in the finals worse than we did. Not many teams from perhaps the last 20 years would have beaten the Panthers this year. We can be ok with coming second.

• "Without Moses we would be miss the 8."

Seriously what an irrelevant and pointless closing sentence, well derr genius? That is why he is our best and highest paid player. What in any form of twisted mental gymnastics does your dense comment have anything to with the success or failure of our season. 
      We made it to the GF that by definition is more successful than we have been since 2009, 13 years John. You can only beat who is in front of you. Roosters & Rabbits were not there at the big games that is their failure. 
      Yes we were flogged in the GF by a generational team, that does not define our season as a fail 

• In your opinion it may have been a pass but I haven't let a disappointing Grand Final appearance gloss over many low points of the season.

• Season: Pass   Grand Final: Fail

The GF performance was on Par with 2001.  Pathetic.  We as fans knew it was going to be tough but to not even put up a decent fight or contest was worse then fail and tainted the whole year.  If we failed swinging like 8-6 last year I could say our season was a success.  The GF performance means a scape through Pass for the Season.   BA coaching was fair but seriously found out when it mattered.

• For me it was a fail. 

I had us as a long shot to beat Penrith but I expected at least a close game. The gf result showed that parra haven't improved on their week to week inconsistency and if it weren't for being on the easy side of the finals draw I doubt the would have made it any further than last year.

BA is still making poor decisions. Particularly with bench management and selection. A versatile utility could have been the difference that sparked the eels back into the game. Anyone with the slightest knowledge of rugby league can see this. Parra are potentially a few minor adjustments from going to that next level but the coach and management continue along the same path with the same poor decisions each year. 

• A strong pass with credits. For the first time in years we timed our run and fitness well.. rather than fading out at the back end.

The Cowboys game did take it out of the team prior to the GF as did the occasion as these guys haven't experienced anything like it. But credit where due. The Panthers are a very very good football side, think Eels 80's, Canberra late 80's and 90's, Broncos 90's early 2000's and Melbourne ever since.

Kills me to say it but they are the real deal, the score line in the end was a credit to the boys for not giving up. Penrith would have beaten anyone that day.

• Ps. Thanks for the link Steely, loved the review.
      I hold a little more hope for 2022 and think Papali'i will prove a bigger loss than little Judas although Hopgood I think is the goods.

What part of the old dart are you from and who was/ is your team?

• I live in the North East of England.  I support St Helens in the Super League.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Hell On Eels replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Sea Eagles vs Eels
"Isn't that Monster Olakau'atu usually on the right edge (up against Dylan-Lane) ? Waddell (Ben out) would still like his chances on Sanders' edge, assuming there aren't some switch-a-roos."
1 minute ago
BringBackSemi replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Sea Eagles vs Eels
"Expecting a dig in the first 20 or 30, then dropping off after that. Players will always speak publicly how they support BA. I mean how did the last guy fare who openly questioned the coach. Oh yeh, he's playing for Manly tonight and might have a…"
4 minutes ago
CarloEEL2 replied to Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him's discussion Fergo in the sh@t again .
"Wiz. Kurri doesn't deserve me saying it a second time 🙄"
18 minutes ago
Frankie Fong posted a discussion
Regardless if Parramatta win or lose the football club board need to be removed ASAP and they can take the CEO they hired and send him back to his buddy Max Donnelly .  The bush coach is and always has been the secondary problem at the club , the…
19 minutes ago
More…