Hey guys. Long time Eels fan, and long time reader of 1EyedEel, but first time poster.I know from a very good source who has contacts with both Frank himself and his manager, that he will 100% be at the Eels next year on 300k per season.I'm not sure how many years extactly, but I think it's safe to assume that it's either 2 or 3 years.The Dogs don't want him, and with Parra being in Western Sydney (where he's played all his life), plus the fact his lil bro Kaysa plays for us, it all makes sense I reckon.Not sure how I feel a about this signing... Would've rathered Papalii, but not our fault he's a d***head just like the rest of his Canberra mates (Dugan, Earl, Fergusson etc.)Pros:- 300k isn't that much with the new salary cap.- Has played rep footy for NZL.- He has plenty of experience to provide to our younger guys such as Kelepi and Pauli Pauli etc.- Is a big forward, who can cover the edges, something we lack.- Provides solid impact.Cons:- He will be 30 years old next year. So the end is close for him.- Is fairly injury prone.- Not the biggest worker.- Has the potential to turn out to be an old dud like Willie Tonga.Thoughts on this signing guys? We've come 15th and 16th the last two years so beggars can't be choosers I guess.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I've heard we aren't chasing anyone from the Dogs, i thought he was pretty average after a lay off last night.

• when did this happen? Thought we sign Tolman then I heard it's Big Roy from Souths now it's Frank the Tank...who else are we chasing? Geno Hayes from the Chicago Bears? Maybe Jarius Bird from the Buffalo Bills?

• Ndamonaka Suh from Detroit Lions would be a good fit...
    • Ray Lewis is looking to take a page out of Air Jordan's book, and try his hand at another sport, in this instance, rugby league...
  • Pritchard was their best forward last night. Especially early on. We need a massive unit like him.

• I don't see ken Edwards lieing directly to fans. Although I do agree frank is better than we currently have
    • So you'd prefer it leaked by Edwards that we are chasing someone. He's only doing his job there.

• Oh no......
  • We got plenty of second rowers. We NEED front rowers!!!!!!!!
    I'm sick of playing half decent 2nd rowers as front rowers.
    E.g Shane Shackleton, Darcy Lussick.
    • We have shit second rowers, matt ryan , reni matai, paulo  all to small and cant bend the line at all, thats why were get dominated.  We need atleast big hard running second rowers and a few workhorses to even it out.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

aveel replied to swiftedtayla's discussion rape allegation
"It's not Fifita."
2 minutes ago
Eli Stephens replied to Sterlo's Nose's discussion Dragons’ secret plot to poach teen prodigy
"Blaize doesn't seem unhappy or wanting to move clubs so it seems like a non issue lol. "
3 minutes ago
GM replied to Wild_Eels's discussion Sivo to Cowboys?
"There is a god, we should be looking at shipping off a couple of more "
13 minutes ago
LB replied to Wild_Eels's discussion Sivo to Cowboys?
"I reckon his body is regressing massively. Ever since his ACL in 2021. People forget he is 31 this year, some people would think he is young since he only debuted in 2019."
17 minutes ago
More…