I reckon the Panthers will win the comp again next year and make it a threepeat to equal ours in 81.82 and 83.

They are still on the upwards curve, they still have the best team, they have a smart coach, the experience in the big ones and theyve shown they have the desire and get in the right mental space when it matters.

Theyve also shown they can spend a lot of the year without key players, they have great depth and a very solid winning culture.

Ive got the feeling they are going to win again next year, they are in the prime seat.

I'll truely dread if we meet them again in the GF, i think the easily have our number when it matters, and ivan is a lot smarter than BA.

Anybody think they will not win it? whats your reasoning? do you think they have our number?

What team will win next year if its not the Panthers?

10860769059?profile=RESIZE_710x

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Koroisau and Kikau are big losses but I still think it's theirs to lose.

In all honesty, I think the Roosters will be their biggest threat.

• I think its most likely the Panthers will win it.

One thing over the last 3 years with them is they have have been fortunate with injuries aswell as been able to give opportunities to the never ending production line of talent.

I think the Roosters are the next best team and most likely to play them in the GF the cheese will add alot to that team

• Let's see if Cheese can stay out of the shit. Big risk putting a big mouth smartarse like him into the Eastern Suburbs. Will probably end up fighting down the local or on the bags again.

Robinsons rubbish unless he's buying players and to be honest I don't think he's bought enough to compensate for his lack of ability to develop depth. 

• Roosters should be favourites, Keary looks to have his confidence back - Add the cheesle and they have a quality squad as per usual. The Panthers without kikua and Api are big wholes to fill, also no Ciraldo so we get an idea of what his impact really was in the Panthers set up.I still think the Panthers will go deep into finals but can't see them winning 3 straight - if they do win next year's GF people will compare them to Eels of the 80's

• Their deffinately favorites, still have the nucleous of their team and good juniors to take the place of injuries and those that leave, and they do have a smart coach. Roosters have a good side and people knock Robbo but he is agood coach but I think they have average halves. Will anyone challenge them? we will have to wait and see who gets what players! a lot can change by the time the season starts.

• No, Roosters i think for 23

• As everyone is saying roosters have the best team. Just injuries and stuff have held them back. The players either have some very crap player managers or the club are doing something "fancy" with their cap. Easily the best side. I reckon the refereeing (if you want to call it that) in that souths game is the only reason they didn't win it this year. They were coming...

• Most definitely not. Disagree 100%. Panthers will absolutely fall off their pedestal. They shouldn't have made the Gran Final in 2020 as the game against Parra in the finals was an utterly disgraceful refereeing blunder. Bulldogs, Storm, Sharks, Roosters and Cowboys will all be better in 2023. Panthers are missing a few players next year. Eels will struggle in 2023

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Poppa replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"Well Lomax will be a lot more expensive, Carty would have been on minimum for most of the time and probably only 350/400 now. Carty is not that marketable unless he sell himself attached to the coach LOL"
13 minutes ago
"Thanks Hoe, agree with what you said.
I tried to specifically generalise about player valuations and use Lomax as an example. To answer Sluggo who was taking the piss, I can accept the premise he is making but I personally had overlooked Waqa as an…"
17 minutes ago
"Well thought out and expressed Slippery.... you raise good points about circumstantial valuations."
30 minutes ago
BEM replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Our dominant half is getting older and if we lose Sanders, there is no real alternative. 
Our forwards are getting older as well.
Our "premiership window" is closing fast so we need quality experienced players now instead of waiting to see if the…"
42 minutes ago
More…