Our tight situation for 2010.

Hey guys just doing a rough estimate last night to see were we stand for next year and what we have left in our salary for the make up of our power 25 (two more needed).Hayne-$350,000Burt-$150,000Inu-$230,000Reddy-$150,000Grothe-$200,000Mortimer-$100,000K.Keating-$135,000Cayless-$350,000M.Keating-$120,000Moimoi-$285,000Hindmarsh-$370,000Smith-$130,000Mateo-$265,000Poore-$350,000Shackleton-$180,000Tahu-$200,000Mannah-$110,000Lasalo-$75,000Mitchell-$75000J.Wright-$80,000Oake-$80,000Hauraki-$80,000Uaisele-$75,000Robinson-$70,000=$4,180,000This leaves two places in our Power 25 and we have Joe Galuvao,Junior Paulo,Justin Horo,Callan Richardson,Jeff Robson,Kevin Kingston,Todd Lowrie,David Bauumann,Jeremy Latimore or Taulima Tautai (dont know about brendan oake) still not signed up. As you can see from this we definatly will have 7/9 of these players leaving us next season and possibly all of them. I think looking at this, we have roughly $220,000 to spend on our last two and i dont see any of these players taking 70-110k. From my own perspective i would love to see either Big Joe,Kevin Kinston,Lats or Yileen Gordon join us for next season even though it is highly doubtful. I think we will probably sign Robson up before any other player as we have no backups in the halves if Morts,Mateo or Keating Fall to injury.Im not betting on anything but dont rule out Timmy Smith coming back on hardly no money to return a favour to the club.Thoughts??

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I think we signed Gulavao
  • Horo, Richardson & Baumann are currently off-contract, none of them are part of the top 25. Also I'm not 100% sure if Robinson, Wright & Uaiselse were given part-time or full-time contracts, but they are all signed for next year. Taniela Lasalo is also contracted for next season, but again I don't know if thats a full-time or part-time contract

Poore was signed for $350,000, Shackleton $175,000

Other than that your calculations are pretty close to the mark.
    • Baumann I know signed a new two year extension at the start of the year but dont know about the other two.
  • manly have already signed Gulavao
    • No they havent. He hasnt signed with Manly yet.
  • Lose Paulo, Hauraki, Tautai and potentially Kingston (if we run with KK as a utility), and re-sign Robson and Galuvao. That is what I want to see.

I also read somewhere that because Hindy extended his current contract, they can spread out his payments across the 3 years or something.
  • Could we afford to release Fui to ESL and make a play for Shane Tronc?
    • Fui was only re-signed a couple of months ago, just as Spags came in as chairman.
    • I don't like that idea...
    • Fui >> Tronc
This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Longfin Eel replied to Cranky Brad is here!!!'s discussion Tipping delivery drivers on attitude!
"Maybe you should just support your local pizza joint and actually get in the car to pick it up yourself? You'll save so much mucking around, can check right there it the order is right, and will get your pizza so much quicker. By the way, why are…"
11 minutes ago
Muttman replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion David Armstrong
"He looks fast. We need that. But before we bet the farm there's much more to consider. We lack competition for spots in our outside backs. We have no speed in our outside backs compared to many other clubs. If I'm buying a FB I'm going to the top…"
15 minutes ago
Cranky Brad is here!!! posted a discussion
This has always been a big thing for me, tipping the delivery drivers on the food I've ordered on their attitudes and customer service. Doesn't matter how late or whatever other issues have happened. This is going to be a long rant and hopefully I'm…
33 minutes ago
Muttman replied to Eli Stephens's discussion TITANS ATTACK
"Again we completely agree "
49 minutes ago
More…