Mitchell Moses - a mistake?

Did the club make an error in going after Moses and paying big money? Yeah, he's only young but he's played far more games than Guth and doesn't come close. I understand we needed to look for a 6 (as much as I love the Guth I'm not convinced he's the half we need) but Moses? Was he a panic purchase? And the money, yeesh! Dan Mortimer MkII? I'm not writing him off (yet) but there are some concerning signs. And Tigers fans aren't mourning his departure either.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• No! I don't think so, give him some time, for crying out loud! He's only played 3 games for the Eels without Corey Norman and without a genuine full uninjured Eels side. There is definitely some work that needs to be done and like Andrew Johns says, he needs to put some muscle on him BUT Brad Arthur must see something in him, and I believe he'll be a great little number 7.
  • I was going to make a blog about this. I think if given time gutho would be a very good 5/8. Only 22. Beau Scott and rest of his team rate him highly. I think us fans and coaching staff blew our load too quickly, we wanted a quick fix instead of looking at the big picture. Don't think we should sign an expensive hooker if one at all gutho deserves 750 thousand. Later he will be a million dollar player and if where not careful he be at another club. Go the mighty eels and hail king gutho aka mushy mushroom (hair)
    • Gutherson best position is Fullback! End of story!
  • Injured his hip last week as well
    So he's probably playing injured and these been targeted at the moment he has a great kicking game
    Just needs to load up with some carbs
  • let's wait til the end of the year.
    let him work with Norman.
  • No not at all..... we had to pretty much change half the team stucture up. He played tough like I haven't seen him play for a long time if ever. The right choice I think
  • again he did not have a preseason with us and has played three games gutho has had 2 seasons give the kid some time like fuck yes gutho is the king but moses needs time to develop

• Dumbest blog ever. We are 2 wins and 1 loss with Moses who only has had a handful training sessions, and no Norman in those games. He is also playing with injuries.

Who do you think would be a better fit in the halves this week? Robson.
    • Pretty sure I could find a dumber one. And it's not about this week it's about identifying Moses as the man to bring composure, control and brains to our halves. I say he's far from a sure thing and there's more than a hint of a punt in signing him given the outlay.
    • Mate like I said dumbest blog of all time.
This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

CarloEEL2 replied to Sneaky Pete's discussion Bennett is a smokescreen, we are chasing Ryles.
"I'm back out to the car with my razor blade 
not sure what I'll do with it at this point 😆"
8 minutes ago
CarloEEL2 replied to Sneaky Pete's discussion Bennett is a smokescreen, we are chasing Ryles.
"Will never get Gloria jeans again knowing that 
it's bad enough scomo is out there bleeding my eyeballs AGAIN "
9 minutes ago
"I like di stefano ,peaberrys or darks roasters 
but I've found a shitty barista can kill good beans too 
campos is ok as well "
10 minutes ago
BEM replied to Sneaky Pete's discussion Bennett is a smokescreen, we are chasing Ryles.
"Seriously if we sign Ryles that just solidifies how inept this club and board are.
We don't need another nobody coach.
Bushie was a rookie coach and look where we are now.
We need an experienced coach otherwise it will be the start of another 10…"
13 minutes ago
More…