Replies

• Dolphins might price us out.

•  I thought we had started negotiations and were very keen on keeping him..

• I think we can afford him, I dont think we want to pay what Dolphins are willing to. I feel like he wants the middle role above all else, he definitely has the skillset to pull it off. Perhaps as a team, we look at the 13 role as more of a traditional middle forward defensive effort position. Ala NBrown?
    Though the past few weeks have me feeling that BA is coming around to the idea of the Mattyeo role.

To me he is a very important retention target. 

• If dolphins throw their hat in, I'm not sure we can compete with the money they have. He's a priority, but I'm not sure he's a player you break the bank for.

I'd give him the 13 role, a fair contract rise, then challenge him to earn his next big contract making sure he knows he's closer to winning a Premiership and making Origin at the Eels than he will be at The Dolphins.

• I wonder if making an origin side effects your contract, maybe thats why he is holding out, I think he will make Freddy's side.

• Of course it would. Being an Origin player would definitely add dollars to his contract.

• It would definitely affect your Contract. If you're playing well and making Origin and Australian teams, you're less likely to look for change or for more money if you're being paid fairly.

• So we've let papa, Reed, marata, kafusi go and have signed no one and we can't afford to resign Matto

• Beleive it or not BB, I think collectively there would be less then 1 Million worth of value there.

Isaiah was only on 150
      Reed was on less than 400

Marata and Kaufusi were on small deals too I think.

• This reply was deleted.
        • Sorry Wilson, I was saying in terms of money that's been freed up from our departures. 
          Those 4/5 including Stoney were on really small contracts. I understand that we could keep everyone. Was just suggesting that we don't actually have a lot to throw around now.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Adam Magrath replied to SuperEel 22's discussion Parramatta's Season Balances On A Razor's Edge
"Why take the risk in his last job on us? We are the perfect candidate, all the foundations are there. He gets the opportunity to accomplish something no one else has either been able to or willing to undertake for almost 40 years!!! What a way to go…"
18 minutes ago
Tad replied to SuperEel 22's discussion Parramatta's Season Balances On A Razor's Edge
"I think Bennett is around 73 74 How many years coaching does he have left on him? Is that really what Parra need right now and do we start the whole thing again in a couple of years?
Maybe if Chieka (sp) could be a better longer term option and…"
56 minutes ago
Michael W. replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Get out clauses attached to BA
"Can't believe how many dumb fools are here, NO player has a get out clause if BA is sacked or leaves, I can guarantee that 100%."
2 hours ago
Michael W. replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Get out clauses attached to BA
"I can see it now, Bennett signs 24 players to replace the ones who had clauses in their contracts, headed by the Bromych bros, Kaufusi and an elite halves combo in Nikorima and Milford."
2 hours ago
More…