Replies

  • Dolphins might price us out.

  •  I thought we had started negotiations and were very keen on keeping him..

  • I think we can afford him, I dont think we want to pay what Dolphins are willing to. I feel like he wants the middle role above all else, he definitely has the skillset to pull it off. Perhaps as a team, we look at the 13 role as more of a traditional middle forward defensive effort position. Ala NBrown?
    Though the past few weeks have me feeling that BA is coming around to the idea of the Mattyeo role.

    To me he is a very important retention target. 

  • If dolphins throw their hat in, I'm not sure we can compete with the money they have. He's a priority, but I'm not sure he's a player you break the bank for.

    I'd give him the 13 role, a fair contract rise, then challenge him to earn his next big contract making sure he knows he's closer to winning a Premiership and making Origin at the Eels than he will be at The Dolphins.

    • I wonder if making an origin side effects your contract, maybe thats why he is holding out, I think he will make Freddy's side.

      • Of course it would. Being an Origin player would definitely add dollars to his contract.

      • It would definitely affect your Contract. If you're playing well and making Origin and Australian teams, you're less likely to look for change or for more money if you're being paid fairly.

  • So we've let papa, Reed, marata, kafusi go and have signed no one and we can't afford to resign Matto

    • Beleive it or not BB, I think collectively there would be less then 1 Million worth of value there.

      Isaiah was only on 150
      Reed was on less than 400

      Marata and Kaufusi were on small deals too I think.

      • This reply was deleted.
        • Sorry Wilson, I was saying in terms of money that's been freed up from our departures. 
          Those 4/5 including Stoney were on really small contracts. I understand that we could keep everyone. Was just suggesting that we don't actually have a lot to throw around now.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Yehez replied to Roy tannous's discussion Eels in talks to resign Jack Williams Luca Moretti and Sam tuivati
"Slightly surprised at Moretti considering we have lots of forwards coming through. But at the same time, I have sensed him slightly going another level in our improved post origin performances.
All in all good news. Tuivati especially needs to be…"
11 minutes ago
LB replied to Roy tannous's discussion Eels in talks to resign Jack Williams Luca Moretti and Sam tuivati
"I would have Sam T before Moretti but you are right he is a Ryles type of player"
24 minutes ago
parra supporter replied to Roy tannous's discussion Eels in talks to resign Jack Williams Luca Moretti and Sam tuivati
"Jack is the priority IMO. PNG are keen in him so gettinn him signed before November ineeds to be priority. Moretti plays a ryles style and runs great lines. He'd be my second priority of the three. Ideally we sign all 3. "
59 minutes ago
LB replied to Roy tannous's discussion Eels in talks to resign Jack Williams Luca Moretti and Sam tuivati
"Which is where the club may have shown their hand with talk of Sammy T, Williams and Moretti getting extensions, but not Hopgood. Well as of yet."
1 hour ago
More…