Jarryd Hayne arrives back in Australia

Jarryd Hayne quietly slipped back into Sydney on Thursday morning, a week after travelling to Israel for the second time in a month.The 29-year-old had previously been to Jerusalem and to the Jordan River before returning to Sydney for his daughter's birthday - but jetted out of Sydney again just before Christmas, and landed in Tel Aviv a week ago.Jarryd Hayne returns to Sydney, but is still remaining silentJarryd Hayne returns to Sydney, but is still remaining silent Photo: AAPBut just as he ignored questions from a reporter in Israel last week, Hayne remained silent as he made his way quickly through Kingsford-Smith Airport and into a waiting car.Hayne will be grilled by the NRL's integrity unit over an alleged 2015 rape, when he was a member of the San Francisco 49ers in the National Football League. Police in the US refused to press charges because there was insufficient evidence, but the plaintiff, known only as 'Ms V', is pursuing a civil suit against the former running back.A usually prolific social media user, Hayne has not posted on his Twitter or Instagram accounts since the case came to light on December 20, and has not used his Facebook account since November, when it was announced he was leaving the Gold Coast Titans to return to the Parramatta Eels.The only statement on the case has come through his legal representative, Ramy Qutami from Madison Marcus Law Firm, who said the two-time Dally M winner "unequivocally and vehemently" denied the claims."Mr Hayne and his management are aware of recent media speculation in relation to a civil complaint filed in the United States of America making certain allegations in relation to an event which allegedly occurred in 2015 whilst playing for the San Francisco 49ers," Mr Qutami said."Mr Hayne has not been served with any proceedings or formal complaint relating to the incident."Mr Hayne previously addressed a complaint made to the District Attorney's office in the County of Santa Clara, California in 2016 and the District Attorney did not proceed any further with the matter due to insufficient evidence to substantiate the allegations. Mr Hayne provided all reasonable assistance to the District Attorney with that investigation."Mr Hayne unequivocally and vehemently denies the allegations which are the subject of the civil complaint. Mr Hayne will not be making any further comment in relation to this matter."

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

  • Storm in a teacup
  • All these woman that try and extort money from players should also be charged if they find evidence that the story was fabricated. We have seen this time and time again, and with the type of papers & jurno's Australia has, you are trialled by the media.
    • Yes I agree
  • Can’t but help feel for Jarryd Hayne at this time. I mean all the bloke wants to do is enjoy life, his holidays and his return to the Eels and he gets dealt with is this rubbish. Just hope the media give him some space to play football and NRL support him at this time.

    • I feel more sorry for us. It is a storm in a teacup but a storm nonetheless.

      The media are going to squeeze every possible ounce and angle out of this. Hayne is a human headline, that's the reality. He's our highest profile player, the prodigal son returning, alleged international sex fiend! It's news. 

      After all that's happened we just needed a clean run-in to 2018, but the Eels curse strikes again! 

  • All the women that fabricate these rape story's no matter if it's for money or just to destroy someone's life should be charged for an equivalent charge of rape themselves if found out to that their story is bullshit. it seems people don't understand the damage to someone's reputation, career and also their health and well being having been wrongly accused of rape. If women would pay a conciquence for making up these story's then there would no longer be these bullshit story's especially women trying to extort money untill somthing is done about this women will still make up these lies and poor innocent men will suffer
    • I totally agree Boss. 

  • Wasn't me this time ....

    • Like your new avatar CarloEel2 

      • Yes well it's better than being called Mercedes Corby !!!!! Lol

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

John Seckold replied to Blue Eel's discussion Trial #2, Game Day Blog v Roosters
"Thought exactly the same. Someone had to get behind Iongi."
1 minute ago
LB replied to Blue Eel's discussion Trial #2, Game Day Blog v Roosters
"Considering Roosters kept full strength for decent portion of 2nd half and didn't score when we pulled Moses off. Nice work. We look confident."
1 minute ago
macybrown replied to Blue Eel's discussion Trial #2, Game Day Blog v Roosters
"Absobloodywellutely!!"
2 minutes ago
parra supporter replied to Blue Eel's discussion Trial #2, Game Day Blog v Roosters
"We have fantastic depth. Some anticipated regular first graders will only be a few poor games away from  reserve grade"
3 minutes ago
More…