So the Roosters have now lost Latrell, who was set to earn $800'000 with the Roosters and now have no time or players available on the open market to replace him, and by default they will play this year $800'000 under the salary cap and they are still pre comp favourites for premiers. Can this be right ? Then to make things even worse for other clubs the $800'000 they save this year "ie front load 2021 contracts" means they will effectively free up and be able to spend an extra 1.6million on players next year.

If my calculations are right, F@$k they sure know how to handle their salary cap better then most, ringing true what Greenburg said at the end of last season in the media, when pretending to release all the clubs salary cap numbers etc. "The Roosters are the best at managing the cap." or similar.

God knows how this could be right....... and the NRL wonder why fans are fed up about the salary cap.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I read it was $700k for this season, the $800k was for 2021 and beyond. they have already payed him around $120k for this season so that would have them about $580k left not $800k.

• Thanks H, that makes more sense - so they are half a million under the cap or there abouts meaning next year they have the $580 from this year and the $800 they were going to pay him next year. So thats $1.38 million for 2021 that they will have to add to the current squad . And they are still favourites this year.

• From what I heard, when they withdrew their 800K offer to Latrell for 2021 onwards, they used it to up contracts of some other players as well as retain JWH. The rumour was that they were going to lose JWH if Latrell stayed.

• They may be favourites to win it this year but they won't, they are going through some big changes roster wise with key positions and have just come off history making babk to back premierships in which they only just fell over the line, they are done for now imo.

• Josh ada Carr with be a rooster by the end of the week

• They are changing their name to The Monkeys.

Everyone's playing for peanuts!!

• Yeah Badge thats my point. It just really shows up when they loose a star on coin and are still considered favourites for the title.

• This reply was deleted.
    • Yep, the game's a rort .

I have a mate who played for the Broncos and he refuses to watch the NRL.
      A cousin who played NRL only reasonably recently also has no interest. Says it all really.
    • Correct, they cheat the cap & anybody that follows league knows it. Every year teams resign players that have a year to go & have to pay more. Not the Roosters, they go backwards. 

• Not exactly true. They'll have $580k but they will still need to bring someone into the 30 player squad to replace him.

So I think it'll be around $480 or so for a min contract player or much less depending on who they sign.

Still, with the teamthey have they're miles over the cap

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

LB replied to Prof. Daz's discussion R4 V TIGERS: FREUD SAYS ‘WORK THROUGH’ IT, DEAR EELS
"The thing about this game that is curious and worrying to me is are Wests the real deal or was last week just a mood. I tipped Wests to beat Cronulla last week for a few reasons. 1) Was not convinced on Cronulla's past 2 performances where they were…"
16 minutes ago
BEM replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Sivo is back this round.
Lomax doesn't want to play wing at the Dragons so I doubt he would come here to play the same position.
He would replace Harper.
1. Gutho
2. Sivo
3. Lomax
4. Penisini 
5. Russell 
That would be the best backline we have had…"
17 minutes ago
Bup replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"Lomax is nearly the perfect player Parra need to aquire.
The story's about his attitude and immaturity are prevalent and he's in a environment he doesn't want to be in .
The value here is you can get yourself a footballer for under market value due…"
32 minutes ago
Prof. Daz’s discussion was featured
Sigmund Freud once said that “one day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful”. With the Eels on-field general and kicking maestro, Mitchell Moses, out for up to 8 weeks with a fractured foot, the Eels will need…
55 minutes ago
More…