Injury Update - Sivo to miss start of 2022 season

Maika Sivo has been ruled out for an extended period of time with a knee injury.

The Eels' winger had scans yesterday following Saturday's match against the Cowboys.

He has sustained an ACL rupture in addition to damage to his MCL.

Sivo will undergo surgery and due to the extended rehabilitation period, he is likely to miss the start of the 2022 NRL season.

Meanwhile, Reagan Campbell-Gillard is on track to return from a groin injury during the NRL finals.

Reed Mahoney (shoulder) and Nathaniel Roache (knee) have been sidelined for the remainder of the season.

Update

Maika Sivo - MCL + ACL rupture (Season)

Reed Mahoney – Shoulder (Season)

Nathaniel Roache – Knee bruising (Season)

Reagan Campbell-Gillard – Groin (Finals)

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hope he gets back to his best. Unfortunately of late his form had slipped, its a long haul back from the surgery he is about to undertake. We probably won't see him before mid rounds next year.

• How's Wirremu tracking?

• I am pretty sure he is not in the qld hub. 

• RCG please need him back big time.

• Time to have another look at the Fijian winger in the lower grades

• naiduki

• Poor bloke. Get better soon Maika!

• I guessed it was an ACL given the pain he was in, and the length of time it took for him to leave the field.  Wishing you a speedy recovery Maika

• This is concerning for Maika. His form had been slipping and speed has always been challenging for him. It could be a very long road back for him. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Tad replied to SuperEel 22's discussion Parramatta's Season Balances On A Razor's Edge
"We are going through some crazy times Poppa. Hope you and Karen are doing ok "
1 hour ago
Adam Magrath replied to Frankie Fong's discussion THE BUSH COACH WILL NEVER QUIT 🤣🤣
"Spot on, Milford was the perfect example of that on the Dolphins debut. He wasn't up to scratch so Bennett dumped him."
1 hour ago
Adam Magrath replied to Frankie Fong's discussion THE BUSH COACH WILL NEVER QUIT 🤣🤣
"So true, our squad is solid. In a perfect world we could do with two speedy wingers (hence me hypothetically wanting the two warriors wingers from the other blog). But what we really need is a coach to get the best out of what we've already got."
1 hour ago
Cranky Brad is here!!! replied to Frankie Fong's discussion THE BUSH COACH WILL NEVER QUIT 🤣🤣
"If I felt I have done everything possible and didn't feel I was contributing or getting that company to be more successful. I would start looking for another job, finding another avenue to go down, keep trying to get out of there and not wreck the…"
2 hours ago
More…