Replies

• This had to happen and it's absolutley the right way to do it, coming in via the RM Cup. The PNG Hunters started slowly but have eventually become a really good team in the Q Cup and the PNG National team is seeing the dividends. The ral benefits for Fiji will manifest themselves in the next 5-10 years.

• can someone tell me why fergo pulled out of last nights game?

• This reply was deleted.
      • To me it shows he still has that dork aspect in him.

• https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2019/10/11/fiji-silktails-to-join-nsw...

At the moment there's not a great amount of info from the NSWRL and NRL as to what is to happen with the lower grade and comps going forward, while this is great news and should enliven the Fijian community into following and supporting RL with RU maybe taking something of a background game to an extent, its also likely that the RM cup Fiji team could well continue with the following year Flegg will be also part of the Jnr comps, then perhaps Canterbury cup.

I am therefore wondering what teams will be playing in  lower grade/comps next year. On the day of the Canterbury Cup GF, the TV commentators seemed to indicate that Wenty will not be part of that competition as the eels will be taking that spot is that what is going to happen, meaning Wenty is out of the game, temporarily or permanently?  If they stay in and each of the other teams also stay in that comp, with the eels also going in, it means an uneven number of clubs and therefore a bye round will be introduced, something I think is a good move as far as expansion but opens up the game for more teams and players to play at that level and be considered more as the specific clubs reserves.

Over time as the Fiji side goes up, hopefully maintaining a team in each comp, it would/could mean the elimination of the bye round as well. 

To me I look forward to these changes.

The Fijian team may already have their ballboy/ water carrier lined up.

Fiji 'Silktails' to join NSWRL competition in 2020
    NSWRL has today announced an historic agreement with Fiji National Rugby League which will see Fiji field a team in a NSWRL competition next season i…
This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Michael W. replied to Electric Eel 2's discussion Lomax is a freak
"Seek help."
15 seconds ago
LB replied to LB's discussion Will Manly be smarting next week?
"More so a great performance could come from the motivation and not from skill. If they try to win with talent and skill ain't going far as there is not much without Moses. With heart and effort they could do ok, maybe not win but get close.
If they…"
7 minutes ago
Cʜɪᴇғ - replied to LB's discussion Will Manly be smarting next week?
"Pops, are you seriously considering the head of football and the coach are not equally accountable for recruitment.   I reckon you've fallen into the tct trap"
16 minutes ago
Poppa replied to LB's discussion Will Manly be smarting next week?
"Cowboys wasn't a great performance LB. they have been shown up quiet badly after we managed to bust their defence at will in their Red Zone! i.e. fundamentally the same attack as the Phins game, just a different resolve from the defence.
Can we…"
44 minutes ago
More…