After Cameron King copped yet another injury in the Eels floppy start to 2018, the head-honchos at Parramatta are apparently looking into Robbie Farah as a potential solution to the hooker problem.

Farah's unwanted at South Sydney, and they would be willing to pay 50% of his contract. With Parramatta having some space in the cap, it's just a matter of agreeing on the finer points.

Expect this to be announced before the Eels take on the Tigers in Round 4.

Thoughts - do you think Farah will make us better?

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thought he was going to Canberra
    • From what I've heard, he'd prefer Parramatta due to the chance to be a long term starter, rather than a backup.

• Yes
  • Won’t happen.

BA is happy to have kaysa and king for 2017.

theres a reason we haven’t signed another hooker and that’s  Reed Mahoney. 

Rejected peats, rein and whoever else, have faith wait till this kid gets his chance. 

• At 20 years old Mahoney might be another year or two away from NRL. I suppose the club needs to decide whether our current hookers can do the job and if not, then an experienced hooker at the end of his career on a 1-2 year deal might be the way to go. That would take Robbie to 36 though. I reckon this year is his last, so not sure if he would be the right player.

• Farrah may be behind his best years but he may also be the best person to teach mahoney and get him to nrl level quicker. Kaysa and king arnt nrl standard hookers neither would make the bench on any consistent top 8 team

• Can we fucking not
    • You seriously think king and shity Pritchard are better then farah lol they are concussed every 2nd week and can't tackle.
    • Okay but how much would we pay him? If Souths pay 90% of his salary then cool. Not the 500k we have left over.
  • Ebay coach
This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Angry Eel posted a discussion
Lomax absolutely killing it tonight. 2 point FG, try, throws a 20m cut out pass to put Suli away unmarked. There is no way Flanagan is letting Lomax go this year while they are winning games and Lomax having the impact he is. Flanagan and the…
14 seconds ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Bushie's [BA] to 5 signings?
"Who were the boof heads who said they don't think Lomax would be a good signing ?   Maybe BA needs to step aside and become Bennett's head of recruitment and get rid of those boneheads we have at the moment . 
we have MON and Rogers's crew getting…"
7 minutes ago
AlShaw replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Eels vs Dolphins
"Eels 32 No Postcodes 16"
10 minutes ago
macybrown replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Gutherson Blaizes a trail for Talagi
"Yeah but not training all week ihas to be quite severe management Id imagine.
hope he is ok tonight.
 "
11 minutes ago
More…