Daily Telegraph Thursday August 3 2017

Adam Blair has come under fire from Broncos fans for his part in Andrew McCullough's season ending injury.Former Broncos skipper Gordon Tallis unloaded on Blair, saying "the footy gods have come back to punish him" for attempting late shots on rival players.The fallout continued yesterday when Blair was forced to defend himself after training, when a female Broncos supporter took aim at him over the accident.Blair said he was merely doing his job, but the firestorm of criticism underlines the pressure on Blair to lead the pack without McCullough.Parramatta news:Gurr has said, "we have some really good young No9s with Kaysa Pritchard, Cameron King, & Will Smith, some good No 1s with Clint Gutherson, Bevan French, so we needed to make sure we had that 6 & 7 right". Cory Norman pivotal. It's no secret we'd like Corey & Mitch to be here long term.Along with Nathan Brown, who is a young & a forward leader for us, we're putting together a good young roster, and most successful teams over a period of time have a core group of five, 6 or 7 players who go through together from 22 or 23 years, suddenly they're 28 or 29 & played a lot together.Teams like Melbourne, Brisbane or the Roosters have had a lot of success using that template. Indeed, Parramatta are a fairytale story in the making.Christian Nicolussi.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Just sharing some interesting reading this morning.
  • I noticed Wayne's refrained from commenting on the two incidents that've been published about his two players this week after being so vocal about Edwards .
    •  Yea, Bennett ought to remember his "boy" Langer, playing under Bennett`s coaching, often did what Kenny Edwards without any penalty or fine. Kenny broke no rule yet gets fined!! McCullough said on Fox League Life last night that what he did to Tim Manner was not intentional! It was clearly intentional.

• Why are we any more of a fairytale than any other team? If we won this years GF against Storm then maybe but otherwise we are no different than any team except we got caught cheating when the rest get away with it.
    • We have fought tooth and nail for our wins, and usually make it harder on ourselves, how it is a fairytale is beyond me
    • 30 years since the last comp (longest premiership drought now that the Sharks and Souths have won in recent years)
      Longest time since last finals appearance
      The fact that in the media's eyes the salary cap cheating was a board/CEO issue while the players and BA were as innocent victims as the fans.
      The injury issues the club has dealt with this year
      The Foran saga

Not saying I necessarily agree with the reasons but it is obvious why it has become the story it has

• Blair is a GRUB.

He could almost be arrested for some of the stuff he does in games.

• Good on Tallis for speaking up! Unless of course Blair also has an impediment like colour blindness or oneeyed ness in which case the Bronco PR machine would surely expect all to be forgiven. Who wouldn't forgive a one eyed colour blind player for accidentally attempting to take out Jenko Moses or even his own afterall?
      Anyway, think we are about due to hear of all the good work young Mr Blair does off the field soon?
      unbecoming of me I know but true nevertheless
  • We should sign Blair.
    BA has done wonders with Brown and I reckon would turn Blair from being a dirty but solid forward into a mean top shelf one.
  • Yeah he has had Brett and stated many times since years ago that "he isn't sure why Bennett puts up with it (Blairs late hits and dirty play)" ...on Blair he has always said the same thing about his late hits etc.
    remember the one where Blair chicken winged his team mate ThaidayI...then there was the article where Blair defended himself-
    "I know personally I’m not a dirty player and my teammates know I’m not like that.
    “It’s a great honour to be captaining the Broncos. I just want to make sure my teammates are happy with what I do … and I believe they are.”
    Adam Blair was suspended for one match for his chicken-wing tackle Sam Thaiday.
    Blair said he had privately apologised to Thaiday, but dismissed suggestions he deliberately sets out to hurt his opponents.
    “I realised when it was too late that it was Sam in the tackle,” he said. ----ooops by Blair there. May be where Tallis gets the karma bit Brett.

Anyway think Tallis makes a great point, Bennett could stop him doing this stuff if he 'wanted' too but so long as he is setting out to put other teams players out I guess it's ok.
    Guess that's why the crafty old Bennett shifted all the attention to Kenny by attacking him :)
This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Coryn Hughes replied to LB's discussion Analysis and reflection of BA and is sacking the go, WARNING LONG BLOG.
"I'll never leave.I don't care how bad we are going I'll always back an under dog no matter what.Staying hard has its testing times and this is just another one of many along the journey.My NFL team has never won the SB and lost a game that seemed…"
1 hour ago
Hell On Eels’s discussion was featured

The free-falling Eels are staring down the barrel of another nail in their season’s coffin. They sit like ducks in the target arrow of the public's microscope just waiting to dissect their ANZAC performance.
Despite the Eagles superior position…
5 hours ago
Hell On Eels posted a discussion

The free-falling Eels are staring down the barrel of another nail in their season’s coffin. They sit like ducks in the target arrow of the public's microscope just waiting to dissect their ANZAC performance.
Despite the Eagles superior position…
5 hours ago
EA replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 8 Team List v Manly Warringah Sea Eagles (ANZAC Round)
"Sanders defence in the halves is actually better than Hands. NSW Cup stats would back this statement up as well. Hands is actually a poor defender in the halves. He is barely cup quality in cup. Hands is an out and out hooker in my opnion."
5 hours ago
More…