Centre Prospects for 2021

We all know that we need to fine a sutable replacement for MJ. Some off contract players we could target:

Adam Keighran

Pros: Had a brilliant game against manly round 20. Can cover 6, probably won't break the bank.

Cons: Haven't seen much of him so far.

Jamayne Isaako 

Pros: Goal kicking (can releave some presure off Moses in the big games), good finsher, can play five-eighth, fullback and wing, Broncs may chip in.

Cons: His 2020 form, never really playing centre before.

Brett Naden

Pros: Speed, Strength

Cons: Defence

Jordan Rapana

Pros: Big game experience which we need

Cons: Price tag, comes up with dumb plays, hasn't played much centre

Kotoni Staggs:

Pros: Strength, Speed, Power, Goal Kicking, Game Breaker

Cons: His ACL injury, price tag

Is there anyone I've missed and who would you want

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Jordan Rapana is the worst defensive centre I have seen, he is terrible, plus I think he just re-signed with the Raiders. Pass

Staggs would be great a bit of a risk with his injury. 

Naden if he became available would be worth a look.

The Roosters have Matt Ikuvalu who is off contract and would be a great replacement for Fergo, big and fast, played wing for Roosters but is listed as a centre, also Billy Smith could be worth a shot, he has one more year on his contract but with the Morris boys possibly re-signing he might want out, he has some big wraps on him and it was a knee injury that ended his 2020.

• I wonder whether Opacic will be the replacement for Jennings? Time will tell.

• Tim Lafai not been re-signed by the dogs

• Average at best

• Bottom dwellers and have not resigned him.  Tell you something?

• Isaako isn't a centre, neither is Rapana, he's resigned with Canberra anyway. Brent Naden is the obvious one, but his defence needs a lot of work.

Would love Staggs, but he ain't leaving Brissy. 

• Not a centre but we should be taking a long look at Jason Saab from the Dragons as a long term replacement for Fergo. He wants out at the Dragons to live closer to his western Sydney home. The Dragons want compo for him, I'm sure we could come up with something.

• Agree Brett

• If that guy would choose the Eels because Parra is closer to his western SYD home than Kogorah, I'm going to suggest he lacks mental toughness!

• It's not Kogarah that he has issues with but travelling to Wollongong where the Dragons main training base is

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Hellmut replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Sea Eagles vs Eels
"Yup. Oppositions seem to accept the Eels will be camped on their line for the first 15 minutes. They hold us out. Close at half time, then go wide early the second half and blow us away. 
if we can jag a few early tries we are in for a shot.... "
7 minutes ago
Muttman replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Sea Eagles vs Eels
"What I'm saying is it won't be effort but a lack of talent. Manly have so much speed out wide compared to the Eels. Not to mention Olakau'atu will use Sanders as a speed bump. Eels might score 2-3 tries but won't be able to contain Manly out wide. "
9 minutes ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Sea Eagles vs Eels
"They're lighting the candles in the flood lights as we speak "
10 minutes ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Sea Eagles vs Eels
"The game can't go on without Gruntas game day blog !"
11 minutes ago
More…