Backline 2010?

Has anyone heard what our backline will look like in 2010? Hayne Burt Inu Reddy Grothe are doing a pretty good job at the moment. I can't see who's going to drop out for Tahu. Grothe to the back row maybe? Maybe someone to 5/8 with Mortimer to half. Are we offloading someone?

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• dude ull just have to wait and see lol i trust anderson will make the right decision
    • yep. exactly.
  • id say if we dont resign kinga burty will go to the bench as a utility back / hooker and inu will play wing with tahu in the centres
    • Exactly
  • which i see as being a pretty good scenario for us
  • burt is more dangerous when he is in around the rucks, and around tired forwards, so a interchange would be good to put him
  • i cant believe no one has mentioned mks form....its been average for 18 months whilst kinga has been killing it.kinga 2 hooker burt 2 n.o 14 inu 2 the wing and tahu into the centres for 2010,actualy kinga should start at hooker asap.any 1 agree?the silence on this is deafening.kk and morts is not a good idea defensivley eitha,especialy with mateo (attacker) 2 cum in for lowrie(defender).any thoughts.
  • Its important for people not to get hung up on fitting our top players into our Top 17. If you have a good roster, you need a good 20 or so players who you think are pretty much going to do as good a job as anyone else in the roster. Even when you're going well, you're typically going to have 2 or 3 injuries and ideally you don't want your team to too much poorer for those injuries. So if for example, Luke Burt's role next is to come in whenevery we have an injury anywhere 1 to 5, it means barring long-term injuries we're not going to have as much disruption from injuries/rep duties and we can afford not to play blokes when they're not 100 per cent.

Those are the rosters than win premierships...
  • Well said Bourbon. And as I've said, you've only got to look at the stats and our impressive metres gained numbers to realise that Matt does really well in keeping his forwards rolling forward.

Add to that he's a tenacious little defender with a high work rate and that he can kick from dummy half and I'm more than happy to go into next year with him as our 9.
    • Hey Phil, I decided to move my comment into it's own blog! A little self-flagellation on my part ;-)
This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Frank The Tank replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion David Armstrong
"Well 1 injury until recent....
Gutho was told please stand down and fix that knee, I need a bigger excuse than just one injured star to keep my job."
4 minutes ago
Tragiceel replied to Simon Priestly's discussion ZERO TACKLE OFF CONTRACT LIST
"We have speed in our ranks. Put time into Ethan Martin. This kid could be anything."
4 minutes ago
The Badger replied to Frankie Fong's discussion ANOTHER COWARD IS FOUND
"Hear hear! Every real man should feel the same way HKF.
I know women are different but beating them up etc is not a justifiable act."
4 minutes ago
Frank The Tank replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion David Armstrong
"Yep you just can't beat bad luck, especially 11 going on 12 years.
Sigh....…"
5 minutes ago
More…