2024 season gone??

I watched the Eels, Canberra game last night.

The Eels defence in both the forwards and backs was often very poor.
Line speed around the ruck area was often slow and their perrrenial problem,
the backs not marking up. 

People can blame the "No Moses" factor as much as they like but these are fundamental errors.

Brad Arthur says "we were outplayed." Boy is that an understatement.

Based on the way Manly, the Warriors, the Broncos, the Storm played on the weekend, I seriously
doubt the Eels can make the 8. 

The only thing that may work in their favour is injuries to key players in the above mentioned teams.
And the way the game is being played these days is that will probably happen.

What do you think?

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The "No Moses" claim to me is irrelevant. There is no reason we should be conceding 41 points to Canberra with the forward pack we have. No Cartwright? Well we have Matterson to go in there. We gave up and lost as soon as we got off the bus and BA knew it. Only worrying sign moving forward is how accepting of it BA was. Now he more likely is not sure of what happened until reflection of the game but not a great thing to hear as a fan after what was one of the worst performances in years.

• Won't make the 8 and Brad Arthur gets another 3 yr extension

• I agree with LB. The "No Moses" is irrelevant. If we miss the 8 this year BA has to be shown the door. There is no alternative. 11 years and we never looked like breaking the drought. He has to go. Now I'm sure the Lomax deal will be used in his defense to stay, if Lomax does in fact sign with us. But I for one am happy to not sign Lomax if it means seeing the end of BA.

I do personally feel like Bennett is the ideal choice to replace him. As I do truly think we have the team that should be comfortably in the top 4. And Bennett seems to be able to get his teams, not neccesarily getting premierships every year, but still consistent and playing to the best of their ability. Whereas BA doesn't have the support of the players. They don't seem to want to play for him. Even in the dark days when his head was "on the chopping block" it wasn't the team that suddenly started playing for him. It was the higher ups that for some reason backed him.

It simply has to end this year. He tried, it didn't work, goodbye BA.

• X a billion trillion 

• Hearing murmurs sivo has been dropped. BA finally doing something 🤣

• Moses and Cartright wouldn't have made a difference on the weekend.

Raiders outplayed them in every facet of the game. 

Our defence was embarassing from Joey Lussick getting steam rolled to Sivo being targetted, they had absolutely nothing to offer.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Eli Stephens replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Broncos call up QLD cup 7.
"We are also depleted and teams have been taking advantage of that lol. Reynolds usually tortures us so glad he's not playing 🤣"
7 minutes ago
Parra_Greg replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Broncos call up QLD cup 7.
"wow are we that shit we hoping we can jag wins against depleted teams ....with Gutho out a big fat No to any more wins ....the sooner group 7 dubbos finest leaves the better"
10 minutes ago
EA replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Broncos call up QLD cup 7.
"Walsh/Staggs to burn Harper for speed 5 times"
13 minutes ago
Darren Munro replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Broncos call up QLD cup 7.
"Parramatta by 16"
18 minutes ago
More…