2021 Squad

Hi Eels fans, can I divert your attention from the Saturday night final coming this week momentarily and ask about the squad for 2021? Scanning the press apparently we have 10 places available with squads staying at 30 but I have only seen mention of the Eels being mentioned in the player market in regards John Asiata (NQ). I am sure there is more going on behind the scenes but can anyone shed any light on players we are trying to get to the fix the hole for 1/3 of the squad? Appreciate a few of the younguns will step up but we will most likely be missing from the 2020 squad a lot of experience - Evans, Gower, Terepo, Davey, Stefano with others off contract W Smith, Taka, Salmon, Rankin. Any insights would be welcome. Cheers

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This reply was deleted.
    • Hahaha

That's exactly what's happening 

• Most of those 10 players will stay.

Taka, Gennings, Terepo, Salmon, Smith, Rankin will all stay.

Schneider, Hughes will be promoted. 

Add a couple of recruits, there’s your 30

• Wrong.

• We’ll see

• Youre stuck in a loop there brettles. Bang your head three Times.

• hollis and Hughes should get game time next season 

• I do not agree with you. Just because the young guys haven't played doesn't mean they will add nothing. They have been hitting the gym hard and would not be too far off being match fit. 

• I like the idea I think this season it should of happened.

I also like the idea from 2000 when the season started early 6 on the bench 4 interchange and 2 reserves person the reserve comes on for is finished for the day. I'd adjust to 3 interchange played x6 changes. 2 reserves cover for HIA and potential impact players. 

• Doc, Evans will be in white cloud territory next year.  I think that Hughes will be the bench filler upper.

• I think some internal  upgrades will happen main areas that need looking at are 

• back up hooker

•edge backrower

•outside back cover

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

MeelK replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I'd sign for that."
11 minutes ago
LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Look i think it is more than just being put on the Wing. I think Flanno is a reason. Wanting to play semi's is another.
I think a move away will be an awakening for Lomax. He was on with Fltech and Hindy with Lawrie in 2022 and he mimicked Griffin.…"
1 hour ago
AlShaw replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"600k is OK for the right winger. The Panthers sets are built on what their back 3 do on tackle one. The more momentum at the start of a set the more expansive a team can play but if our back three are getting smashed on tackle one and two it puts…"
1 hour ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Agree , need to keep him. "
1 hour ago
More…