2020 Year in Review

Well what a disappointment 2020 turned out to be. Whether it be the Eels petering out to meekly bow out of the finals in straight sets or a year that promised the Olympics and a T/20 world cup and instead we got a global pandemic and everything locked down.

Parramatta's season could perhaps be best summarised as Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. Third position isn't something to necessarily to sneeze at given two years ago the club finished dead last in a disastrous campaign.

However, it promised so much this year and delivered so little.

There were still positives including four Eels joining the NSW State of Origin squad and three of them debuting. The first time since 2010 the Eels have had multiple players in the NSW side when Jarryd Hayne, Timana Tahu, Nathan Hindmarsh and Tim Mannah all featured in the series.

Off the field the club has made massive strides. Membership will crack 30,000 next year while new sponsors and commercial partners continue to be announced through the off-season. And this is all despite the pandemic heavily impacting the club's game day revenue.

We also saw the Leagues Club reforms finally passed and a new board appointed including former 1 Eyed Eel Supreme Leader Phil Sim.

Looking to 2021 there should be an optimism surrounding the club with the belief that it can improve on 2021 and put itself in a position to go deeper into the finals and win that elusive fifth premiership.

For 1 Eyed Eel, I have been in discussions with the club surrounding some content for the site and I am hoping to have something squared away in the first quarter of next year.

I am also opening up two volunteer moderation positions. Between my full time job, my own project and family, trying to be across everything is virtually impossible. I recognise moderation here has slipped as a result of that. I'm open to receiving expressions of interest from members. You can direct message me or drop me an email at supereel22@gmail.com. It'd just be comment and blog moderation for now, I'll still handle suspensions and account approvals but having a couple of people to handle discussions would be helpful.

I am also looking for any members who want to volunteer a regular blog post. HOE did a great job this season on match previews and Grunta became the de facto match day blog poster. If you have an idea for a weekly blog you'd like to post and have it featured at the top of the site let me know.

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year's to everyone on 1 Eyed Eel.

8312812069?profile=RESIZE_400x

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I think it was Browny who put up a proposal on group moderation which had some substance to it. Maybe worth considering? We all know you have many time pressures on you Sir Super and one person being a moderator at any given time is very difficult as I am sure you have found. Thank you for what you have been able to do with the time constraints around you.

• Super, I'd be more than happy to do a regular "Dear Kramerica" blog where people can post thier problems and I will give them the advice and guidance they need. Obviously I wouldn't want people posting about any old thing - it would be strictly restricted to relationship and sexual issues.

• Hahaha, any chance Newman could make it as a special guest? 

• This reply was deleted.
    • Don't spose you've still got the set from the Merv Griffin Show ?

• My vote is casted

• SLUGG for chief mod - the old guy would have so much delight in deleting moron blogs and comments.

That could lead to a weakly blog from him about who he upset by deleting comments and the associated moronity involved.

Grats to HOE and Grunta on their efforts last year, both did an excellent job.

Poppa gets too grumpy to be a mod, he would even end up deleting his own comments just to spite people.

As for the footy side of things in 2021 - Best of luck eveyone - I expect the same ole, same ole *NEXT YEAR*sigh

We have signed some players that I think will surprise the 1EE Execution Squad, but that won't stop them whinging incessantly.

@ Kramerica, how do you fix a "No SEX allowed" policy?

• It's a very common quandary Col and it can be confronting, even frightening, for the person afflicted. Luckily there is a solution which is both universal and magnificent. This solution can be used as tool to reduce or even eliminate many, many pressures that can arise at any time. One word Col. Masturbation.

• This reply was deleted.
      • Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Coryn Hughes replied to Hell On Eels's discussion Magic Round 11 v Melbourne: In the Eye of the Storm
"Oh really how's it worked for you guys.I mean the clubs listening to 1EE I'm sure the hotlines working all the way to the top.The bean counters are listening."
10 minutes ago
Coryn Hughes replied to Hell On Eels's discussion Magic Round 11 v Melbourne: In the Eye of the Storm
"Put some wisdom on the situation Fong go on I'm listening."
13 minutes ago
Frankie Fong replied to Hell On Eels's discussion Magic Round 11 v Melbourne: In the Eye of the Storm
"Maybe if you ask nicely Coryn will send you one of his " Brad Arthur  rocks my world " T-shirts , he hand paints them ."
15 minutes ago
Tad replied to Hell On Eels's discussion Magic Round 11 v Melbourne: In the Eye of the Storm
"How to become so strong that you won't get injured. Maintain extreme endurance and will master pain. Totally focused, mentally very strong
https://youtube.com/shorts/PhNbjmRMhSw?si=dQCi8l0MPzpBRUXM"
19 minutes ago
More…