2020 Big Improvers and other predictions

1. Parra: Joey will make the big difference jump into top 4 (get him here twice a week at least)

2. Penrith: Having a quality hooker - jump into top 8

3. Dragons: Addition of Flanagan to coaching ranks - jump into top 8

On the other side Manly will be a big loser due to lack of a quality hooker - drop out of top eight

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

1. Cronulla drop out of the 8 this year. No Gal, they already have issues with injury and managing the cap. It will be too much for John Morris to take on himself.
    2. Raiders perform strongly all year and get the minor premiership, but fall short of making the Grand Final.
    3. The Storm's finals run comes to an end, just falling short of the 8. They struggle to find consistency in the halves.
    4. Dragons coach Paul McGregor is the first coach to get the sack after a terrible first half of the year.
    5. Freddy's Blues make it 3 in a row.
    • 👍

• 1 canberra miss finals due to teething problems with their english hslfback and just when they start to get on a role rep season stops their turn around.

2 penrith top 4

3 nsw win 2-1

4 dragons go a bit better than expected but still finish 9th after a few late losses to finish the season

5 cameron smith plays state of origin 3 due to injuries

6 storm finally lose round 1

7 cronulla spoon

8 bulldogs gf loser

9 manly 8th

10 mahoney out for season early on and broncos release mccullough who has a secret minor injury and comes to us at only 85-90% of what he is capable of.

• Danny Levi is a very good hooker so I still rate manly, especially if turbo t stays on the field.  When he played last year they had a great winning percentage.

Foward pack of Adin fonua Blake, Marty Taupau, Jake trbojevic with a Clive Churchill winning representative half in DCE.  Add in Turbo T who I rate alongside teddy and RTS as the best fullbacks in the game when he can stay on the field and it means they have class across the field.

If you rate Parra you have to rate manly as I rekon most would choose quite a few in their squad  over current eels players.  To me manly are one of hardest teams to beat this year depending on injuries.  I read a story recently which said they had wins over roosters, melb and raiders last year so unlike Parra they can win big games 

• I agree. Manly, like a number of other teams, could, with a touch of luck (injuries etc), win the comp. The hooker situation sucks for them but if it was gonna happen it happened at the best possible time. It allowed them plenty of time to reassess and adapt to a different hooker.

• 1.Dogs for the spoon.

2. Storm outside top 4.

3. Roosters to struggle

4. Sharks miss top 8

5. Top 4 will be: South's, Raiders, Eels, Cowboys. 

6. Next will be: Titans, Penrith, Tigers, Knights or Storm

• Dogs did well end of last year.

Beat is last two times we met (including nines)

• 1) Dragons are in all sorts of trouble. Mary the first Coach to be sacked

2) Tigers don't have the forwards and will fade badly as the year progresses.

3) Manly and Penrith to have good years. Manly especially could go Top 4.

4) Storm will frustratingly stay near the pointy end of the table all year.

5) Cronulla, Dragons, Tigers, Titans, Bulldogs, Warriors all miss the 8. Question marks over Knights, Cowboys, Broncos, Raiders

• Wish Raiders would miss the 8 but There was a marked improvement last year which I am blaming Ennius for and if he is still there I think they will still do well. They even did well last year while Hodgson was out

• What makes you think Dragons will fail?

They have some injuries but decent depth. Don't expect a fade this year. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Hell On Eels replied to Poppa's discussion Where to Now, Time to stop looking in the revision mirror and head forward.
"Lol. Pops, I think we both know major changes up top in the footy board are unlikely for some time. 
BA will probably go first as the public face of our failures unless we miraculously turnaround.
MON maybe, maybe not. MON could argue BA isn't…"
13 minutes ago
Darren Munro replied to Frankie Fong's discussion HAVE A GIGGLE AND A CRY
"There is always other players coming through.  You structure your game around the players you have. Something ba has failed to do in his tenure.  I don't think dylbags would be a better player at the Rooters only the Panthers. I can't see the…"
20 minutes ago
Coryn Hughes replied to Poppa's discussion Where to Now, Time to stop looking in the revision mirror and head forward.
"I'd sign Armstrong tomorrow if we could but if Newcastle let him go they've got rocks in there head.He's going to be a special player that guy.That's the xfactor your looking for and completely agree he can cover all back 5 positions and has speed…"
20 minutes ago
Coryn Hughes replied to Poppa's discussion Where to Now, Time to stop looking in the revision mirror and head forward.
"The season is Moses or bust there's too many self saboteurs amongst our roster they aren't leaders performance wise from what I've seen the last month.The worst thing in that last sentence is the guys that needed to lead by actions by word of mouth…"
24 minutes ago
More…