2009 Eels / Dogs Prelim Semi on Foxsports.

Anyone catch the recommentated reply on Foxsports last night?

Brilliant game, brilliant team. 

Hayne, Inu, Mateo, Burt, at their brilliant best.

Such a watchable and enjoyable brand of footy we played.

And we beat the dogs.

( Interestingly Cooper Cronk was part of the commentary team. No mention of the GF, cheatin' bearstard!)

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yep, loved it. Probably the best game I've ever been to. Amasing atmosphere and match quality.

• Really, really enjoyed it. 
    What a cracker of a game. That 2009 side was so unstructured and just threw everything at the opposition every set. It must have been exhausting defending against that. 
    I was there. 75,000 people. I remember talking to other Eels fans at the game in complete disbelief. "We're in the Grand Final?" We all couldn't believe it. It was a surreal moment. 
    What a great spirit that side had. No one mentions their defence. The 2009 side just kept turning up and knocking blokes over. What a ride!!

• Fui was unstoppable

The Mortimer try was an absolute gem. 

• The fox commentary for Mortimers try was great. "Going, to the line! Going, to the grand final!"

• I re-watched this game recently. The speed of the eels' play the balls was unreal. The dogs, despite coming out hard, were on the back foot for most of game. 

• I have never seen the replay,  but in my mind (and hopefully I'm right) I can still picture Hindy stopping Ennis from making an important line break late in the game by holding onto his hand/thumb and dragging him down...

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Cʜɪᴇғ - 😘 replied to Eli Stephens's discussion TITANS ATTACK
"There could be another huge rebuild if things don't change now"
2 minutes ago
Muttman replied to Frankie Fong's discussion ANOTHER COWARD IS FOUND
"I honestly don't know or know of anyone like that. They definitely exist no doubt. "
4 minutes ago
Muttman replied to Frankie Fong's discussion ANOTHER COWARD IS FOUND
"The Tatts on the neck/ face are rarely good. His surname on his neck is just horrendous/ cringe. No brains for sure. If guilty definite ban for life. "
5 minutes ago
Cʜɪᴇғ - 😘 replied to Eli Stephens's discussion TITANS ATTACK
"Yes but not with o'neill and Brad. There are good players to build upon, but there's no confidence that these two will improve the situation.  It's on a knife's edge as we speak. Can go either way. Some big decisions need to be made around our…"
8 minutes ago
More…