2009 Eels / Dogs Prelim Semi on Foxsports.

Anyone catch the recommentated reply on Foxsports last night?

Brilliant game, brilliant team. 

Hayne, Inu, Mateo, Burt, at their brilliant best.

Such a watchable and enjoyable brand of footy we played.

And we beat the dogs.

( Interestingly Cooper Cronk was part of the commentary team. No mention of the GF, cheatin' bearstard!)

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yep, loved it. Probably the best game I've ever been to. Amasing atmosphere and match quality.

• Really, really enjoyed it. 
    What a cracker of a game. That 2009 side was so unstructured and just threw everything at the opposition every set. It must have been exhausting defending against that. 
    I was there. 75,000 people. I remember talking to other Eels fans at the game in complete disbelief. "We're in the Grand Final?" We all couldn't believe it. It was a surreal moment. 
    What a great spirit that side had. No one mentions their defence. The 2009 side just kept turning up and knocking blokes over. What a ride!!

• Fui was unstoppable

The Mortimer try was an absolute gem. 

• The fox commentary for Mortimers try was great. "Going, to the line! Going, to the grand final!"

• I re-watched this game recently. The speed of the eels' play the balls was unreal. The dogs, despite coming out hard, were on the back foot for most of game. 

• I have never seen the replay,  but in my mind (and hopefully I'm right) I can still picture Hindy stopping Ennis from making an important line break late in the game by holding onto his hand/thumb and dragging him down...

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Desieels replied to Frankie Fong's discussion A MESSAGE FROM THE FONG
"In today's world, countless events unfold simultaneously, including conflicts, violence, and poverty. These occurrences are part of our daily reality, persisting through the past, present, and likely the future. While it's tragic to witness the…"
31 minutes ago
BEM replied to Eel for life's discussion Team List Against Manly
"Ofahengaue has improved a lot. He puts in more effort than Matterson does that's for sure. 
Keep Lussick for his defence? Did you watch the Dolphins game?
Lussick is a terrible defender and his service from dummy half is amateurish at best.
He needs…"
42 minutes ago
BEM replied to LB's discussion Will Manly be smarting next week?
"I never said he was."
49 minutes ago
EA replied to LB's discussion Jamal Fogarty bicep injury, do we use Sanders as leverage?
"Are you serious? Simmo has been pretty good for us. "
50 minutes ago
More…