7 June 1964, The Thornetts versus Gasnier. Cars parked illegally in Moore Park Rd outside Sydney Sports Ground during a Rugby League game between St George and Parramatta..... Some old classics pictured in that lot,including a EK Holden PV, FJ Holden sedan, heaps of EJ Holdens, an XP Falcon, Morries, Austin A30's, Vauxhall, Zephyr, Mini Minors, Hillman Imp, Commer van, Vee Dubs, VW Combi and even an EH Holden in the bottom right corner.

Image may contain: car, sky and outdoor

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This reply was deleted.
  • Classic picture Tragic thanks for that . I wonder where the camera was , perhaps a talll building across the road . Would not have been many tall buildings in 1964 ? 

• It's a great pic mate. Puts a smile on your face. Gotta love the cars!

• When I enlarge the black and white photo to view the players more clearly it is still very unclear , however I cannot see any dominant white jerseys . Are you certain it is St George v Parra Tragic ? Or maybe you might claim the field was muddy ? Lol 

• This reply was deleted.
      • Very true.plus went SCG around same time .what a Bog and the stink of the ground it was like it was a pig farm and NO it was not Sluggs fault  .footnote.first car was An old Morris 1000

• Pigs arse  otherwise you would have always been  rolling around there Slugg . 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Electric Eel 2's discussion Lomax is a freak
"Looks like Flannos back to being a Neville again with BA. "
26 seconds ago
HKF replied to Electric Eel 2's discussion Lomax is a freak
"The lack of footy knowledge on either board, more particularly the football club board is holding this club back if not actually dragging it further down. 
The fact we can't develop anywhere near enough first graders through our vast junior system…"
1 minute ago
HKF replied to Electric Eel 2's discussion Lomax is a freak
"That's a real fear, it's quite diabolical that with Bennett seemingly available the club hasn't taken steps to secure the best coach in history,  even if BA was as good as they think he is he isn't Wayne Bennett.  You do what you can to get better, …"
4 minutes ago
CarloEEL2 replied to Hell On Eels's discussion R8 v Manly: The Rise and Fall of the Eels
"HOE I like reading this synopsis as much as I like reading the " daily mail"....
it's frightening 
I cannot believe it's not even May and I'm more scared than I was watching Poltergeist as a child contemplating our next couple of seasons ....
yet…"
5 minutes ago
More…