7 June 1964, The Thornetts versus Gasnier. Cars parked illegally in Moore Park Rd outside Sydney Sports Ground during a Rugby League game between St George and Parramatta..... Some old classics pictured in that lot,including a EK Holden PV, FJ Holden sedan, heaps of EJ Holdens, an XP Falcon, Morries, Austin A30's, Vauxhall, Zephyr, Mini Minors, Hillman Imp, Commer van, Vee Dubs, VW Combi and even an EH Holden in the bottom right corner.

Image may contain: car, sky and outdoor

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This reply was deleted.
  • Classic picture Tragic thanks for that . I wonder where the camera was , perhaps a talll building across the road . Would not have been many tall buildings in 1964 ? 

• It's a great pic mate. Puts a smile on your face. Gotta love the cars!

• When I enlarge the black and white photo to view the players more clearly it is still very unclear , however I cannot see any dominant white jerseys . Are you certain it is St George v Parra Tragic ? Or maybe you might claim the field was muddy ? Lol 

• This reply was deleted.
      • Very true.plus went SCG around same time .what a Bog and the stink of the ground it was like it was a pig farm and NO it was not Sluggs fault  .footnote.first car was An old Morris 1000

• Pigs arse  otherwise you would have always been  rolling around there Slugg . 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

The Badger replied to Yeah Man's discussion What Preist stabbed in Sydney
"They were there to deliver immediate "justice" to the stabber.
Lynch mob basically."
1 minute ago
SuperEel 22 replied to big 2nd rower's discussion Parramatta Eels sign Zac Lomax for 2025
"I dunno if they let Schiller leave. You don't just have 5 outside backs in your squad. Of all players I reckon it will only be Cotric to be let go because he's probably on the same amount of money as 2-3 of those young guys."
10 minutes ago
big 2nd rower replied to big 2nd rower's discussion Parramatta Eels sign Zac Lomax for 2025
"from 2025 our backline locks are gutho,penis, lomax & Talagi
one spot up for grabs... simmo and harper both off contract. and sivo on a stupidly long deal I would try to unload sivo and keep simmo on the other wing, would also keep russell as a back…"
10 minutes ago
Hugo replied to big 2nd rower's discussion Parramatta Eels sign Zac Lomax for 2025
"The Raiders have down a good job in assembling that backline. All kids with massive upsides. They are positioned to be a force for the next few years. 
Lomax is a great signing for the Eels. I reckon Gutho will transition to the centres and Lomax to…"
14 minutes ago
More…