Blogs

Hidden Truth

As we go 3 and 5 with a Bye / Brisbane / Melbourne / Bunnys and the Sharks coming up, all logic dictates that we could quite easily find ourselves rooted to the bottom of the League table. Our season in shambles, the volcanic pressure to replace the…

Read more…
4 Replies · Reply by Cʜɪᴇғ - 8 minutes ago
Views: 129

Line up afterthe bye

Assuming Sivo is suspendedGuthoRusselPenisniHarperSimonsonDBSandersRCGLussickJoe OCartyMattoHopgoodMA (I want his attacking spark of the bench and he cannot do worse than Hands miss on Saab)PauloTualagiMoretti/Makatoa/Grieg (if he plays well in cup) 

Read more…
14 Replies · Reply by Eel for life 21 minutes ago
Views: 442

SELF SABOTAGE - copy and paste

Have you ever seen a man accidentally but repeatedly kick himself in the balls? It’s really hard. Welcome to the Eels squad. The dumbest team in the league. Self inflicted dumbness cost us again. Errors, ill discipline, stupid plays, stupid…

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 236

LANE

After giving Sean Russell a bake for his below average play and not being close to a first grader it's time to go after another Shaun. Shaun Lane is an absolute passenger.  Lazy as all fuck in defence , no intensity in anything he does , feet for…

Read more…
4 Replies · Reply by Hugo 10 hours ago
Views: 288

Bye bye Brad Arthur

That has to be the nail in the coffin. Once again the team just shows up for 40 minutes or less. It's not good enough with the players and money we are paying. Mal Meniga as interim coach the rest of the year and Bennett after that. To be honest the…

Read more…
108 Replies · Reply by LB 3 minutes ago
Views: 1454

Goal Kicking

How can you have a first grade professional team that can't kick a single goal? At half time we should have been up 20-6! In rugby the dudes can slot it for anywhere. for the love of god! Get the entire backline after every training session and get…

Read more…
19 Replies · Reply by Steel be with you 6 hours ago
Views: 423

Add a blog

1Eyed Eel is all about participation. Don't be shy, have your say!

Social blogs are for members only. 
CLICK HERE TO JOIN!

LB replied to Cranky Brad is here!!!'s discussion Bye bye Brad Arthur
"You say Meninga for the rest of the year but was does that accomplish? If you are going with an interim you season is over anyway so what is the point bringing Mal in? Doesn't do anything for you moving forward. Better off just using Barrett in that…"
3 minutes ago
BEM replied to Cranky Brad is here!!!'s discussion Bye bye Brad Arthur
"Have to disagree. 
We don't have the best forward pack in the comp.
Wouldn't even say top 3 or 4."
5 minutes ago
"Yeah i agree, he looked great. I wasn't keen on him playing but he looked really good."
8 minutes ago
"Meninga has live his life off his playing career, he is the same as Gus Gould at the moment where he can do everything wrong and nobody says anything in fear. Meninga is a protected species. Origin record looks good when you realise you had Smith,…"
9 minutes ago
"Don't have Origin coaching and NRL coaching in same realm in terms of success. Two completely different arenas of coaching."
11 minutes ago
Strange-eel replied to Cranky Brad is here!!!'s discussion Bye bye Brad Arthur
"I respect your faith my young unicorn."
13 minutes ago
Nitram replied to Blue Eel's discussion Hidden Truth
"We are / have been in recent years a good footy team due to:
1 - gutherson being a winner
2 - Moses' long kicking game
3 - elite middles
Take one of those three things out and we immediately become a wooden spoon playoff side because for whatever…"
18 minutes ago
fake midget pseudoachondroplasia replied to Blue Eel's discussion Hidden Truth
"Melb players don't accept arm grab missed tackles as they have an honesty session and hold each other and themselves to account every week, not just after a massive loss.
They also have players like Munster, Grant, Welsh and even Tyson Wishart who…"
18 minutes ago
Eel for life replied to EA's discussion Line up afterthe bye
"No Morgan Harper, please. He is diabolical, has poor handling and way too slow.
Surely we have another centre we can use. I would rather Russell in the centres.
 "
21 minutes ago
Bob Smith replied to Blue Eel's discussion Hidden Truth
"Yes, Melbourne is the best 'eyes up' team in the competition and have been for years."
33 minutes ago
Michael Ericson replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Lane is cooked
"Lane has always played his best footy later in the season. He's a massive body who needs a lot of match conditioning. He has been well below his best so far though. "
36 minutes ago
Bob Smith replied to EA's discussion Line up afterthe bye
"If the game against the Broncos was at Suncorp, I think the Broncos would break the record for the largest winning margin. Luckily, it's at commbank, so we'll only lose by 40. 
The game against Melbourne at Suncorp on magic round will probably see…"
37 minutes ago
TolEllts replied to Blue Eel's discussion Hidden Truth
"1000% agree. It is the IQ that seems most of our players lack. They don't play smart, they just used their brwans, not their minds.
Look at how Melbourne plays - they are thinking players not tied to their structures as robot when the oppurtunity…"
38 minutes ago
Muttman replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Lane is cooked
"He hasn't been great but I'll defend him for last night. He was definitely injured in that spear tackle. It was a shocker. I wouldn't play well after that either. "
41 minutes ago
Blue Eel posted a discussion
As we go 3 and 5 with a Bye / Brisbane / Melbourne / Bunnys and the Sharks coming up, all logic dictates that we could quite easily find ourselves rooted to the bottom of the League table. Our season in shambles, the volcanic pressure to replace the…
47 minutes ago
Cʜɪᴇғ - replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Lane is cooked
"Maybe he can work on Sivo while he's waiting around. "
48 minutes ago
More…