Winning Is EVERYTHING

Discernment and vigilence has me return to the previous week v Raiders who simply showed how to beat our mob, so unless our squad learns from that game and the one against the Roosters, the spectacle our boys put on last Monday will be as nothing come the end of this season. Winning the premiership is all that matters while coming second or 16th will be as NOTHING. So if we get beat in the semis this season what makes this any different to the Brian Smith, Michael Hagan, Daniel Anderson and Brad Arthur finals campaigns that also came to NOTHING, and this is not disregarding all the seasons since 1986 when we missed the finals including all those years where we ended up near or at the bottom of the ladder??? If we don't win it this season we will all be looking back as far as 1986 with still NOTHING real to show that we are WINNERS, and all this in spite of all the finals campaigns including the two grand finals we got beat in, cheats and all. Winning is EVERYTHING - coming second is as NOTHING. Talking up our squad will also be as nothing if they are not winners - think of Hindmarsh on Fox. There is nothing like winning premierships. 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• What?? Yeh thanks. We all want them to win.

• Few drinks tonight chocky frog?

• So something is nothing?

• dad told me the same thing

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

EA replied to EA's discussion Name and Shame the players
"There was a couple of times he ran out of the line when dolphins were started the set. Just found it funny how he would do that but we have forwards who couldn't even make a tackle let alone provide line speed. "
3 minutes ago
Steel be with you replied to EelsAgeMe's discussion Most embarrassing game in our history?
"I don't think at this stage Parramatta will get the wooden spoon. Gold Coast and South Sydney are the favourites for me. The wooden spoon doesn't care about whether you lose by 1 point or 40. I remember in 2018 we were very competitive in a lot of…"
3 minutes ago
LB replied to Peter Robinson's discussion Taking the 2
"I will put my hand up and say at the time I wanted them to take the two for that converted try lead, hindsight is beautiful ain't it?"
7 minutes ago
Peter Robinson posted a discussion
I'm sorry but watching this team over the last 5-6 years with skilled players. Big forwards and strong halves. Once we try and defend our 20 we have been the worst in the league.its been that way for years. Moses long kicking has protected us for so…
12 minutes ago
More…