Replies

• What NRL appointed board? Parra is owned by its members and they are the ones who will appoint the board, once the club is no longer in administration. It is the Office of Gaming and Liquor who essentially appointed the current temporary board.

• Don't you think the N.R.L. would have been consulted before they appointed people with the required experience The N.R.L. wanted to get rid of the previous board and might have used the Office of Gaming and Liquor as a means to achieve it.

• No, the board was appointed by Max Donnelly. The NRL has no role in it.

• Brett, Don't you think that Max would have consulted the N.R.L. The N.R.L. started it all with their investigation of the salary cap and would not have remained hands-off in subsequent proceedings.Its the N.R.L. and not Gaming and Liqor board who control the clubs.

• No I don't think they would've Keith, the NRL have zero leverage where the Eels are concerned. We aren't the Dragons or the Tigers who owed the NRL money, they have no power to dictate anything to us.

I have no doubt that Greenberg spoke to Max informally at some stage to ensure things were heading in the right direction, but I very much doubt that Max consulted the NRL in any way.

• Brett, We owe the money to the banks

• The football club has minimal external debt. Any debt it has is to PLC.

• This reply was deleted.
        • Poppa, I was suggesting the opposite as I have been defending our board continously. I also mentioned that the factions who cannot find a common ground and have shown in the past that they are incapeble of selecting a responsible board. I am all for the present administration to continue. The problem could be that people do not require any qualifications to become voting members.

• Not at all - it has nothing to do with the NRL.

• This reply was deleted.
        • Dear Frankie, If you had answered some of the hundreds of questions which were put to you in a rational manner, members might have taken more seriously. As you have not, we must perceive that you are clueless.which only reinforces my opinion of you. Insults don't bother me I only feel sorry for those people who have the need to use them

If you really want to see stupidity, you only have to look in the mirror

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Collaroy Eel replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Gutho knee issues
"In addition he wears a pillow to protect his rib cage "
7 minutes ago
Colin Good replied to Eel for life's discussion Team List Against Manly
"If Carty had a broken rib three weeks is not enough time off , takes six's weeks to repare and taking needles to play is not on ."
10 minutes ago
Mitchy replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Gutho knee issues
"Gutho is a decent player albeit not fast nor the most skilful but he gives it his all each week. Don't mind him taking to refs but it does not always do much. I just wish our other forward can't played with his intensity each week. "
11 minutes ago
Collaroy Eel replied to Frankie Fong's discussion A MESSAGE FROM THE FONG
"That did make my day "
12 minutes ago
More…