The eels are 5/5  and they face their biggest test to show that they are the real deal and although the  5 wins are   encouraging  they still don't show they are not he same side that got humiliated against the storm in the finals last year.

While some improvement is definitely evident the a number of  flaws from last year are also evident and only fans who don't see things through rose coloured glasses can see this.  Parramatta for  all of last year and so far this year have had more tackles inside the opposition 20 than any other and no team last year  had lost more games dispite having more tackles inside the opposition 20  than parramatta.

Parra has a problem when it comes to creativity  inside the opposition 20 which is why we have seen so many games where they have had set after set inside the opposition 20 and come up with nothing, he Panthers are nothing special yet they defended the eels with ease and not because they are a grest defensive side but because parra is so predictable in attack and  don't throw much at teams and just play for the kick.  Parramatta should of won  the game by at least 30 point's considering the 68% of  possession they had in the 2nd half  and all the tackles inside penrith's 20. 

Manly had no right to even get back in the game let alone come close to winning it the other week but yet more of parramatta's  flaws from the  past  were revealed. While parra has improved their defence to some degree they still are a  easy defence to break and manly didn't exactly need to play well to score, the other flaw that still lingers that came up again against  manly is the fact that the team panics when under the pump and  you only need look at he stupid mistakes  made  that gave manly the opportunities to get back in the game. 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Nathan Brown needs to flying off his line and take the head off JWH, shown em who's boss 

• The entire middle rotation need to target him, just bash him at every opportunity. Every time he lines up for a hit up, just murder him.

Take out the general, and the troops will be without a leader.

• Need to smash Tedesco and Keary at every opportunity. 

• Yep. JWH didn't play last week, and it didn't worry them. These two guys are key.

• The last two weeks for the Roosters were basically glorified training runs, I don't think we can pay too much attention to those games. Everything starts with the JWH in the middle, Teddy & the rest play off of that platform.

• Mmmm I'd love to smash Teddy 😉

• Some fair comments but I doubt the stats bear out that we have struggled to score points in the opponents 20 over the last 12 months. We have been one of the top attacking sides over that period. This is the NRL it should be hard to score. Where we have really improved is that it is now very hard to score on us too. 

• Agreed, every team struggles to score in the red zone, but the difference is that we are more patient in that area now, we just keep bashing away at the middle till the door breaks. 

• Let me be Frank.You can't support two teams.while you are a valued and entertaining part of this site, you are basically the Roosters equivalent of Top Dog, maybe you can be Top Cock.Its fine to be a realist, we all know that we have been shit for so long and it's been hard to watch, so let us enjoy winning even if it is just most of the time.A realist will tell you that we have built a great side that could get to the grand final, but he will also concede that beating the Roosters whose team is made up of mostly current and former rep stars is going to be hard to do, and that has fuck all to do with the way we are coached, in fact the fact that we are where we are after enduring years of defeat and no players actually wanting to play for us , to now be even considered a premiership chance is from behind my rose coloured glasses , frankly sensational. I am very proud of the boys and the coach and if by some however unlikely football miracle we can go on to win the GF, then it will be all the sweeter knowing that we have done it against all odds, and winning it against Melbourne or at least in Cam Smiths final year would be even better than beating your beloved Cocks.

• Well said Eggman

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Cʜɪᴇғ - replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Bushie's [BA] to 5 signings?
"Yep, I must have missed my morning coffee yesterday "
20 minutes ago
Cʜɪᴇғ - replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Bushie's [BA] to 5 signings?
"You'd have to say that ba has been gifted so many great signings,  I'd say better than most NRL teams in the same period bar the Roosters, it's our development which has been lagging behind.   If our development had been what it should,  ba would…"
21 minutes ago
John Eel replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Bushie's [BA] to 5 signings?
"No Moses! You are delirious Chief."
26 minutes ago
Blue Eel replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Bushie's [BA] to 5 signings?
"For mine the top 10 High Profile that could have gone anywhere would have to be.
1. Keiran Foran
2. Mitch Moses
3. Anthony Watmough
4. Jarryd Hayne "return from Titans taking million dollar Hit"
5. Zac Lomax
6. Micheal Jennings
7. RCG
8. Return of…"
42 minutes ago
More…