Replies

• We are not signing anyone of note because of the upgrades to Ice, Gutherson, Mahoney, Brown etc. and we are desperately trying to keep Marata. But it looks like he's gone. We may have some money if we let him go a year early to the Warriors. 

Our Squad is quality and I expect us to make the GF next year. Lock it in Eddie. 

• We apparently had money to sign Katoni Staggs? Where did that money go? 

Ferguson was also on 500k and that money is now available. 

We are chasing Cotric who is on 600k at the dogs - so clearly we have some money to spend. 

Lussick also would have been on about 150k-250k so there is some money. 

• I doubt we will make top 6, lock that one in Eddy 

• I'm guessing you'll be going into shock seasons end next year.

• I agree with you. I reckon Jake Arthur was rubbish. That's not a personal slight on him - that's my opinion on how he played. I think he clearly demonstrated that he is not even close to NRL standard and I can't reconcile how anybody at the club would have been of the opinion that he was AND persisted with him despite the fact that there were other options with vastly more experience.

I reckon the fact that the team was slumping badly only made it more vital that a player with more experience was put into the spine.

Unlike you mate, I didn't see anything to suggest he will be a good player in the future. Maybe he will be, I don't know, but I didn't see anything to make me think he had anything special going for him.

• Believe what you will.... Will Smith had just returned from injury during the season and it coincided to the form slump of the team, JA was chosen a few times ahead of Will which didn't sit too well with certain players. These players thought having Will play halfback gave them a better chance at winning. From then on Will Smith was marked to be moved on from the coaching staff.

• THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS WORRIED ABOUT

• do you have inside info or just making shit up?

• Making crap up.  The team was excited for JA and thought he deserved a game or 2 due to work on off the field and form in reserve grade.

BA was not going to include him as he was worried as a father it could hinder his sons career and he wasn't ready so he let other coaches and leadership group make the call.

JA played ok for young player on debut.  He will never be superstar but plenty of good halfbacks had similar early games to him.  Few defensive errors, not many runs but solid kicking game and direct team around the park like he was supposed to.

• Yes they were excited during the Warriors game when he debuted.

The excitement quickly faded when we lost to Manly and Souths in the subsequent games. After the Manly game is was obvious he was a liability. It was obvious to most of us after this game that Will Smith would be a safer option, or even Rankin. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Eli Stephens replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Could Lomax backflip on his decision?
"From the outside looking in, flanno has sort of pushed Lomax out and he is set on joining the eels regardless. We are in a rough spot currently but Zach is happy he's got 4 years 650k locked in "
1 minute ago
Frank The Tank replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Could Lomax backflip on his decision?
"Nope...."
5 minutes ago
EA replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Could Lomax backflip on his decision?
"Ohk nvm. Do you actually see BA getting sacked?"
18 minutes ago
LB replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Could Lomax backflip on his decision?
"2025 Mutts. He was originally signed til 24' but we added an extra year last year."
19 minutes ago
More…