Wighton rumours heat up as 'fantastic' option emerges.

It is not gossip per say but Ryan Girdler has mentioned that he think Wighton to Parramatta would instantly make us a threat. Well yeah, he is an Origin player, even better at Centre. Only issues are price and compensation. Let's say Wighton wants to come to Parramatta this year, Canberra would want someone of not immediately, Waqa Blake wouldn't cut yet i believe he would be one we offer up. I have never been against having Wighton as he is super talented, just was a bit here and there due to it being somewhat unrealistic. Is it as unrealistic as first believed? I mean sort of but not as much as first thought. If i had to pick i reckon he stays at Canberra squeezing more coin out of them.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/theres-a-bit-of-talk-wighton-rumours-heat-up-as-fantastic-option-emerges/news-story/1af00cabbb1b03bcc2cf19df80115398

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I dont have a problem, but the only reason he is moving away from Canberra could have two reasons.

1. He wants to win a premiership - Then we are in the running

2. If hes given up on that dream then its all about the money. - Dolphins

My guess he will look like a vanilla flavoured coke.

11018851692?profile=RESIZE_710x

• Added to that BE, does he want to play Five-Eighth? Or is he happy playing Centre?

Added to that, Dolphins offer upside in that they have money to offer, the lifestyle up there is great with weather and ocean, plus they have Wayne Bennett, they could make the 8 in 2024 with him there and challenge.

• I reckon if he goes to Parramatta, they’re a good chance anyway, but I think he goes on an edge and stiffens up their edge defence and gives them that real presence out wide, because I think that’s what Parramatta lack at the moment.

“I think they’ll be in very good shape.”

This we need defensive consistency Wighton would provide that and he has a left foot but I'd only have him as a centre nowhere else in the backline.He'd add some real starch defensively so I agree with Girdler with those comments.

• He is also best as a right Centre, where does Waqa play? Right Centre.

I wonder if Ricky is a bitter type to let Wighton leave out spite 😂😂😂

• Waqa plays left centre 

• Actually I dont think Waqa plays - he shows up, and we will have his $550k to share around

• Well that is true mate 

• Yes you are right, my apologies I'm out of it a little tonight.

• He plays left centre, but he doesn't know how to play..

• Yep... agree, centre is his position at the eels. But he'll want to much money for a centre. In our side, with the coverage he'd provide for injuries I think he's worth overs though. Also think we'd be premiership material once lanes back. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

MeelK replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I'd sign for that."
1 hour ago
LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Look i think it is more than just being put on the Wing. I think Flanno is a reason. Wanting to play semi's is another.
I think a move away will be an awakening for Lomax. He was on with Fltech and Hindy with Lawrie in 2022 and he mimicked Griffin.…"
2 hours ago
AlShaw replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"600k is OK for the right winger. The Panthers sets are built on what their back 3 do on tackle one. The more momentum at the start of a set the more expansive a team can play but if our back three are getting smashed on tackle one and two it puts…"
2 hours ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Agree , need to keep him. "
3 hours ago
More…