This post is directed at mainly the 2 most negative miserable dopes Supermaneels & Frankie Fong. Every time the Eels do something positive in a game they make some sort of negative excuse, but when another teams does it they rip into the Eels again because “we don’t play like that”

Take this post I seen on social media this morning for example.

“Ok so Raiders came from 18-0 down at half time to beat the Storm. But dont get me wrong was a really good effort. But we were 16-0 down to the Raiders and came back and won and media just say how bad the Raiders were? Blows my mind sometimes“

Nails it on the head, if the Eels come from behind to beat a good team there’s going to be every excuse under the sun used, but when other teams do it it’s made to look like the best thing since sliced bread. 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Kramer you make a good point. You can see some of the media slowly coming out of their hibernation but still not looking for the positives. Still throwing around the negatives. Lack of consistency, can’t play away from Bankwest. Paul Kent recently had another crack on MMM on the weekend. Saying Eels just making up the numbers.

But here is the thing, the Eels have won eight of their last ten games. The only other teams to have done that are the Storm and the Raiders, both are sitting on eight and two.

Further the Eels have now gone from wooden spoon to finals in 12 months. In the history of the game this has only been achieved on eight previous occasions.

None of this stuff gets mentioned on mainstream media 

• BA coach of the year anyone?? ;)

• Win the next 3 games I think he may be in with a good chance 

• Ricky Stuart will be hard to bear.

• Have you been sniffing battery acid aon?

• Mate if these comments keep us flying under the radar, I'll say keep them coming.

The media do, so they then can talk about the "fairytale" season we have had and how we went from the cellars to penthouse. As for Fongy, he might be negative but he has been man enough to admit when he was wrong. In 16 & 17 he did blogs to congratulate BA & the team.

Things will be changing come finals, so all you can do is support the team the best way you see & enjoy the wins.

• Some people are just out for a bite. The media has been hunting the Eels for years so we shouldn't be surprised at anything they say. The fact is the EELS are in the top 8 & life is good.

• Who cares, it makes things interesting. Imagine if we just all thought the same and agreed. What the fuck would anyone have to talk about then "The eels are doing jolly good" "Yes I do say so Jeffery" "Agreed" "Very well, let us commence the soggy sao in celebration" boooooooring.

• That’s a bit rich......... calling fong a fan. 

• This is a gay blog...

https://media.giphy.com/media/vgxbVwfZ7gcNPdGso4/giphy.gif
This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Cumberland Eel replied to Electric Eel 2's discussion Lomax is a freak
"Exactly 💯 He should be coaching the Eels."
6 minutes ago
Cʜɪᴇғ - replied to Electric Eel 2's discussion Lomax is a freak
"If the chief was accompanying yourself,  he would be eating through a straw for a few weeks  😂😂"
11 minutes ago
Hell On Eels replied to Hell On Eels's discussion R8 v Manly: The Rise and Fall of the Eels
"Thanks, Muttman. Yeah, spot on. Our footy board is largely bankers-based. That's an issue related to cultural problems; which appear to be coming home to roost this year. Our R&R committee largely relies on Arthur and O'Niell for footy nous, and…"
24 minutes ago
Electric Eel 2 replied to Electric Eel 2's discussion Lomax is a freak
"Nothing to do with Lomax Mutts."
24 minutes ago
More…