Of late weve been in great positions to put big scores on opposition who are nowhere near our class, but weve been fading in the back end of games.

Whats your opinion of why this is happening after a good start to the season?

Mental?

Fitness?

The use of the bench and selection?

Injury?

Mid season slump?

All of the above?

Genuinely interested to hear peoples opinions.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Not at all, what I'm saying is that the whole problem may be taken out of our hands whereby another team comes along and delivers the reality check for us. I'd much rather the players get it into their heads right now that every game requires hard work, but how often do you see that a good thrashing is what it takes for players to pull their heads in and snap out of their languor?

• yeah I get where you're coming from.....still for me it's such a long season that there's many many weeks left to go and we are winning (albeit not at our best) and we have very few injuries (only Ray Stone unavailable) and we sit 1 point from top of the ladder.....all things considered it's a pretty good position to be in, and the best position we've been in for years. 

• I don't know about a thrashing but I think the sharks will do us good this weekend and wake us from our slumber for the run into the semis.

My prediction Sharks by 18 on Sunday.

• I don't know if you're giving the kiss of death to the Sharks but in the last 3 weeks they've beaten the poorest of teams that will not make the 8. When they did play a top 8 side, they had a half century of points put on them In the Panthers. When the worst Broncos of all time almost beat you, you aren't that fancy.

I'm not saying we're gonna win 100% but I don't think "THEY'LL DO US GOOD". They've not beaten one single top 8 team all season.

Their win's are: Broncos, Dogs, Cows, Titans, Manly, Dragons, Warriors. None are in the top 8 and if anyone can make it, it's Manly and they'll probably end up 7th-8th at best.

Losses: Bunnies, Storm, Tigers, Dragons, Penrith.

• I think the Sharks game will a high scoring game with the Sharks winning. I also think the Storm will put 12 or 14 on us.

• I think after our 3 tries when we got near the line we tried to barge over with our forwards instead of moving the ball around like we normally do. I feel Lane hasnt been hitting holes like he usually does either. Dyls not going to the line and passing. Last few weeks he is either passing too early or running him self. The opposition has been rushing our outside backs too and we havnt adjusted

• I reckon the biggest problem is Mitch's calf. It's evident he can't run because he's not. This is making us easier to read as Dylan hasn't been able to step up and do the creative running for him. Sure Mitch can perform key hole surgery with his boot but his greatest asset is his running game and pace which we aren't seeing. Unless this injury is sorted, we have a major issue.

• We just need to think about it differently We have a fullback who plays as an extra half, so maybe we can inject him on the RHS occasionally. His work on the left has led to numerous tries. One thing I liked about Corey Norman was that he was often looking to switch across to the other side and inject himself there. DBrown doesn't seem to do that yet, but when he does he could be very dangerous linking up with Moses.

• Snake son,you've stated some valid points there. The way I look at it is,the Eels come out onto the field,all gung ho,ready to beat the tripe out of the opposition. They get points on the board, sometimes they lead at half time,then in the second half,they seem to drop off the pace and the opposing team start to put points on the board. Yes, we're winning the game but only just scraping home. I love the Eels,have done so for many years but I just wish they'd keep up the momentum in the second half. Truly hope they will beat the Sharks on Sunday. It will be a fierce contest but if Parra can get the lead at half time,they should be able to beat Cronulla. Hopefully. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Michael W. replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Eels vs Dolphins
"32-10 parra
MOM HOPGOOD."
7 minutes ago
Grunta the great replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Eels vs Dolphins
"Yeah good advice!
I'm going with that..."
19 minutes ago
Seth hardy replied to Axel's discussion Brad and Bennett
"For once this is a pretty accurate article for a journo, if we can't beat a second  string Dolphins team handsomely they should all stay in bloody Darwin. No excuses."
25 minutes ago
shane replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Eels vs Dolphins
"we should win this easy, if not we aren't a top 8 side though we do seem to strugle against teams we should beat easy.
Eels by 14
MOM RCG"
25 minutes ago
More…