Replies

1. BA took over a team that won 2 wooden spoons                1. Agreed
    2. We improved the next year, 2015                                         2. Agreed, but after 2 spoons the only way is up, and a little feels like a lot
    3. We improved even further the next year, 2016 and would have played semi final footy except for the salary cap saga                                                                                    3. Agreed, but perhaps the adversity strenghtened us. BA excelled at binding us together. Nothing was more important for the team. Did good at this
    4. We lost several players like Peats and Junior                      4. Irrelevant. We never should've had 'em. Caught cheating, remember
    5. We were not able to recruit players due to the issues, we had to shed blokes on decent coin and replace them with "cheapies"                                                                            5. Caught cheating, remember. Further, we made such a lousy job of it that we looked like bumbling fools. But BA never knew, right? Never heard whisper of rats on his ship? Symptom of Tin Ear
    6. We had Administrators come in and they're still here to this day due to the factions not allowing the Liquor and Gaming reforms to go through                                                                  6. If this is affecting us on-field the coach should loudly and publicly demand that the L\G reforms be implemented. Public opinion would make it happen. Staying silent is just hedging for your future.
    7. Despite this, we certainly overachieved in 2017 and should have gone further except for the NRL making sure the Storm won by any means in our first semi. We were flat for the next one against the team that also made the GF, the Cowboys                                                                                  7. Agreed
    8. 2018 was diabolical, results were terrible and we deserved the spoon 100%. However, I maintain that the loss of Semi was a bigger hit than anyone expected. Also, the NRL's last minute decision to have the refs blow 30-40 penalties a game slowed the game dramatically, which suited the bigger packs and crucified our smaller mobile pack that was so strong in the late part of 2017.                                   8. Diabolical is 14th. Spoon is...so sick of bloody spoons. No more. No more i say! No player loss/ref excuses. Save that shit for when we finish 12th. Last place means it ain't working. 3 in one decade means something big is broken. We have'nt diagnosed it yet so better off smashing it to pieces and re-designing from scratch. Spoons are only good if used to stir things up
    9. Under Administrators funding was cut to the footy department, we were not staffed even remotely as close to other NRL teams                                                                9. See pt6
    10. We have not recruited well up until the end of last season after the review, which clearly showed the funding cuts were a reality and the powers that be agreed to open the chequebook some more                                                     10. ...but i thought, the admins...but, um...i'm confused
    11. We started to recruit to fill the gaps we were shown to be deficient at in 2018 - Junior added the big body in the middle, Fergo and Sivo added size and the carry back to the back 3, Lane has been a great edge forward signing. It's a start but we are still carrying too many non-NRL quality players                                                                    11. Agreed re recruitment. The non nrl players are being carried by the coach
    12. We have started to have the Juniors come through from the systems that have been put in place - what % of those systems is down to BA I don't know, but apparently he's been a decent part of it. If someone in the know can clarify how that all panned out since BA arrived, that would be great to know                                                                     12. We have always started to have juniors. Coming through, they say. It's the finishing school we lack.
    13. The likes of Brown, Niukore, Mahoney and Kaufusi have debuted. We have Stefano coming through Wenty, both Under 18 NSW props are Eels juniors. These guys are just learning the ropes of being an NRL player week in week out, look at how many other clubs have promising juniors coming through that at some stage need a break or to go back a grade and work on things - it happens to everyone, it takes time. Are the signs positive? I'd suggest YES, very positive                                                                             13. Interpreting signs as positive future usually means that the present is shit. The present shit has been present for Our Decade of the Spoon. Signs back then were positive too, I'd assume
    14. Has BA been granted unfettered, complete autonomy in the retention and recruitment of players? I'd suggest NO based on what I've read and heard                                     14. Is this unusual in the nrl? If not, irrelevant
    15. Has BA been allowed to chase whomever he wants and for whatever price to compete with the top teams? I'd suggest NO  

15. "for whatever price".. Really? Paying overs? Again? Really?

I'm stupified. Further, this attitude created the problems you relied on in your pts3-4-5 and 6.

Wow. Just. Wow. Are you throwing this debate? Have you got a bet on this, you sneaky monkey

16. Has the affect of the Administrators and cost cutting affected our on-field situation? I'd suggest absolutely YES  16. Just because you repeat yourself does not mean that i will do likewise. Ffs.
    17. If the assumptions I've made in numbers 13-16 are true, is it fair for people to be blaming BA for the on-field performances? In part YES (strategy, bench rotations etc), but in part a massive NO (I believe he's doing what he can with the cattle he's been allowed - remember, zero current rep players, at least $50K under the cap)                          17. Your if/then logic is false          

Fong can at least give me a chuckle

The difference between you and him is that he knows when he is being a fuckwit.

Don't worry, I'll show myself out

• Fake account 

• Eat a dick Brad, if thats even yo real name

• On ya Randy, youre ok.

• 2871300642?profile=RESIZE_710x

• Congratulations 2871322436?profile=RESIZE_710x

• Actually on recruitment I thought BA had autonomy up until MO joined as GM at end of last season . So recruitment including this year and assembling the team has been all BA

As for the cap hampering us other than the year we got done , I don't think that was the case , because as soon as foran was released that same year we had a Mill or more  in the cap to use ( we got cap reliant releasing junior and peats )

another point should be made is that junior wasn't a massive loss in terms of letting him go mid season as he had already signed with raiders for following season so he was leaving anyway 

As for the actual gameplay of the team , my biggest disappointment is that we have not improved (yes we all got excited with early season results ) . We gave not and this includes 2017 ever looked threatening or been clinical on the opposition tryline , our tries seem to broken field type tries or some flashes of individual brilliance which every single one of our players is able to replicate on a consistent basis

• This is going to be a very LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG ORF SEEZUN with all the nutters out this early in the year.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

MeelK replied to EA's discussion Luca Moretti early footy career
"I don't think I lasted that long..."
1 minute ago
Sparky 74 replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 8 Team List v Manly Warringah Sea Eagles (ANZAC Round)

Going Forward once Moses returns i would like to see the following team
1. Blaize Talagi
2. Maiks Sivo
3. Will Penisini
4. Clint Gutherson
5. Bailey Simmonson
6. Dylan Brown
7. Mitchell Moses
8. Reagan Campbell-Gillard
9. Joey Lussick
10. Junior…"
2 minutes ago
My Bob replied to BEM's discussion RIP TERRY HILL
"Life is too short. Tomorrow is not guaranteed for any of us, yesterday is gone. Live today, love someone, try and make someone smile. 52! Too young. "
4 minutes ago
iamnot replied to BEM's discussion RIP TERRY HILL
"I'll never forgive him for his role in destroying any chance of a draft in the NRL, which is desperately needed. He got his wish, then pissed off to Manly anyway. "
8 minutes ago
More…