The similarities from this scene (watch below) in the movie Moneyball and what is happening at our club at present is pretty much identical.

Just change the names of the players, recruitment strategy to replace them, spending to compared to other clubs....

Spoiler alert to those that haven’t watched the full movie, in the end the “Moneyball” team broke the record for consecutive wins, but once again bombed out in the playoffs.

Sound familiar?

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Are you seriously that silly that you can't even detect sarcasm.  Are you a blow in or yet another re badger that has changed names? Looking at your past few posts, you appear to be a troll, so go and......

• I don't think simmo is a troll EE.

Just an asshat....garden variety asshat 

• That's one thing I think Arthur will have squashed.I don't believe he'll let that mindset set in.

• If he can change that mindset he is a miracle worker. 

• Sounds like the cues already in the rack BEM should we just throw the towel in now.

• Why?

Because I don't share your blind optimism Coryn?

I will cheer the boys on loudly every game like I always do but I don't wear blue and gold blinkers and think we're specials to win it all.

• Cheer and write them off at the same time wow.

Whats the point.

How is it blind optimism when the odds can change on a weekly basis.Explain it to me.Your acting as though that's the end game and we haven't even hit the start line yet.

Blind is making such a snap judgement.

• All I did was state what the current TAB betting on the premiership is.

It was you who wanted to make a big song and dance about it.

I haven't written them off but I am realistic about their chances and don't just sit here with my head in the sand.

• I'm with you BEM and for the record there are a lot more negative ppl ( including me ) than you on this site . You are extremely fair in your assessment so the fact you are this unimpressed worries me ....

• Damaged goods.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Inside Info replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Gutherson Blaizes a trail for Talagi
"What i take from this story with BA, is that BA plans to be here long term? "
11 minutes ago
BEM replied to Axel's discussion Brad and Bennett
"To forward heavy and relying on the power game.
This is why we will never win a premiership with BA coaching. 
He hasn't adapted to how the game has changed. Not sure if it's stubbornness or he has no idea how to run a different game plan but enough…"
12 minutes ago
Hugo replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Gutherson Blaizes a trail for Talagi
"My thoughts exactly. "
31 minutes ago
christeel replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Eels vs Dolphins
"eels  28 over the  fins 8.  ... m o m  Dylan brown... "
31 minutes ago
More…